BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I currently have a BMW F11 with original CIC from factory. It had 2016-2 maps installed. Today I tried to install 2019-1 maps with lifetime FSC. Update went smooth, took about 50 minutes. After 100% it asked to reboot navigation, and it did.

Now the problem:

CIC says "currently not available" and the navigation tab is greyed out.

So I checked FSC's and all are accepted, both navi enabler and 1B code. I tried re-installing 2019-1 which it does in 10 seconds, no result.

Is this just a case of let the car sleep, or is my CIC going bad (HDD?)

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
40,067 Posts
If 19, 1B, and Map FSC Code, presumably 28 if you are using Europe PREMIUM map, are all Status = Accepted, it should not be grayed out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If 19, 1B, and Map FSC Code, presumably 28 if you are using Europe PREMIUM map, are all Status = Accepted, it should not be grayed out.
And yet it is.. All FSC's for NAVI are accepted as mentioned before, but the navigation tab is greyed out. I am now going to try to install EAST map to flush the memory with excisting update, since it feels like it didnt completely transfer the map.

After letting the car sleep the problem is still same, navigation greyed out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any way to reactivate FSC's in car through E-SYS? I thought doing "CHECK FSC" already activated them again, perhaps another trick?

·
Premium Member
40,067 Posts
Is there any way to reactivate FSC's in car through E-SYS? I thought doing "CHECK FSC" already activated them again, perhaps another trick?
There is no reactivation that I know of. They are either Accepted, Cancelled or Rejected, and that's it.

Are the 19 and 1B OEM FSC Codes? This unit is not Script Activated for Retrofit is it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no reactivation that I know of. They are either Accepted, Cancelled or Rejected, and that's it.

Are the 19 and 1B OEM FSC Codes? This unit is not Script Activated for Retrofit is it?
Its all OEM and ALL FSC's are accepted. I just found out following:

In E-SYS Comfort FSC:

All FSC's including ROOTCERT/SWSIGCERT show accepted.

In E-SYS Expert FSC:

All FSC's show accepted except for SWSigCert, which shows rejected.

Really weird, CIC is completely stock, never replaced and belongs to this car from factory. What could be the trigger from a "simple" map update to reject the SWSigCert?

·
Premium Member
40,067 Posts
Its all OEM and ALL FSC's are accepted. I just found out following:

In E-SYS Comfort FSC:

All FSC's including ROOTCERT/SWSIGCERT show accepted.

In E-SYS Expert FSC:

All FSC's show accepted except for SWSigCert, which shows rejected.

Really weird, CIC is completely stock, never replaced and belongs to this car from factory. What could be the trigger from a "simple" map update to reject the SWSigCert?
Unless CIC is patched, I don't see how.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts