BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
kous650
27 Posts
Wind Deflector

I had on on my 2006 650i and loved it.
Just got a 2015 650i and I'm not sure it will fit due to my seat setting. I'm 6'4" and the seat looks to be past the mounting holes for the front of the deflector. I think you will like it. I was wondering if anyone else has tried installing one with the seat all the way back. I don't want to buy one and not be able to use use it.
Thank you.

·
Michael
2,506 Posts
The seat being all the way back does not impact the deflector, it will be subject to how far your seat back goes. I am 6ft no issue, you may also be able to adjust the seat angle, seat base.... but all of this is subjective.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wind Deflector

With the seat back setting I use, I can run my seat almost (within 1/2") all the way back with the wind deflector in the car. I set my #2 seat memory there for entering and leaving the car. Memory #1 is my driving position. I am 6'3" with a leg inseam of 35" and have more seat adjustment room than I am able to utilize. In answer to the other question, I cannot imagine driving with the top down without the wind deflector. Get one!

·
kous650
27 Posts
Aperta Wind Deflector

Has anyone seen or purchased the Aperta Wind deflector?

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=253492092472&t=1539079853000&tid=10&category=33652&seller=cabrio-supply&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0[/url]

It is from the Netherlands and being it way less cost that the facotry unit, the side pins apear farther away from the deflector, thus allowing the seat to recline farther.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the BMW deflector and it works great on my 640. But I can't figure out how to fold it back to the storage form. I've looked at the owners manual, another diagram I found online, and I'm still stuck at the point of the first fold. Anyone with any suggestions?

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2021 X5 M50i Mineral White w/DHP/DAP/DAPP/PAP/EP/Bowers&Wilkins/Ext Merino Leather/Glass Controls
8,500 Posts
We have one on our G14 and it definitely makes a difference. We also had one on our F12 and it worked great.

·
Michael
2,506 Posts
I bought the BMW deflector and it works great on my 640. But I can't figure out how to fold it back to the storage form. I've looked at the owners manual, another diagram I found online, and I'm still stuck at the point of the first fold. Anyone with any suggestions?
When you have remove it from the car, with the half fold, then you pull on the end caps that you used to release from the holder in the sides of the rear cabin, this releases it further so you can do the quarter fold into it's bag. I normally just release it from the car and put it in the garage whilst the rear seats are being used. I seldom put it back in the bag as it is fiddly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts