BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a unicorn for my wife: certified '14-'16 X5, diesel, 3rd row, multi comfort seats..silver, gray, or white (or blue). I found one in northern NJ and one in central PA. Based on snowfall the past 3-4 years, I'm concerned about corrosion from salted roads.
Anyone have any experience with (heavy) corrosion on brakes, wheels, or the metal shielding around the engine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's a black m sport with ivory interior 3rd row 19inch la wheels at manhatten BMW. I was gonna buy it but flew to Ohio for another used one I found at auction. It's certified pre owned at 51 but they said I can buy it in certified but they did new tires fluids and brakes without extended warranty for 46. Prob could talk them down since it's been over a week. The guys name was Rud, really nice salesman. 19000 miles too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also just purchased the Ohio one which was imported from Canada, not a lot of corrosion accept for rear sub frame. On edges and welds. I'll prob hit them with a wire brush and paint eventually

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just an FYI, washing the car in the winter with COLD water suppresses rust as opposed to HOT or WARM water.

As long as you go through a carwash that washes the undercarriage, you should be okay.

Just my .10 cents, but I'm sure that other's will have better advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.