BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -
Just been hearing a lot of mixed opinions about the oil viscosity and oil type needed for my X5. I have a 2015 (F15) X5d (fully stock / non-deleted). I bought and used the FCP Euro Kit (BMW 5W30 Oil Change Kit - Liqui Moly) recently since it was recommended for my car on the site - but looking at the manual I see that 5W30 is NOT one of the recommended viscosities (0W-40,0W-30,5W-40). It does meet the BMW Longlife-04 spec, but the viscosity is not among the recommended. Is this ok? Should I use a different one? Other F15 owners - what are you using?

Publication Book Font Recipe Material property

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Notice the punctuation mark as the last text on the page...

AM.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That is odd. The recommendation allows for a blend that has cold temp grade of 5w and another one that has an operating grade of 30 yet no recommendation of this cold temp grade and operating temp grade together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is odd. The recommendation allows for a blend that has cold temp grade of 5w and another one that has an operating grade of 30 yet no recommendation of this cold temp grade and operating temp grade together.
Just realized that the text continues on the next page and lists 5w30 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve been using the Liqu Moly 5W30 in my 535d and send a sample to Blackstone Labs at each oil change. The test results have been very good with 5,000 miles between changes. You should have no issues running the FCP kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts