BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove some trim in order to route cables for my dashcam through the tailgate. Anyone know how these pieces snap off? I managed to pull from the top corners but the rest is pretty snug and don't want to force anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I need to remove some trim in order to route cables for my dashcam through the tailgate. Anyone know how these pieces snap off? I managed to pull from the top corners but the rest is pretty snug and don't want to force anything.
@ bimmerbingo......I have never done this & not any Bentley service manuals out. Try looking at this link to start. Hope it might help.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f15-x5-xdrive35i-sav_201412/repair-manuals/41-body/41-62-tailgate/1VnXWoDVZc

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1 Posts
just need to pry it, there is two retainer clip with plastic tabs (don't go crazy or it will snap one of the tabs). I highly suggest get the ebay plastic pry tools. The middle plastic trim over is also held down by bunch of tabs and retainer clips. Just go easy and don't pull on it with a lot of force... slow and steady.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just need to pry it, there is two retainer clip with plastic tabs (don't go crazy or it will snap one of the tabs). I highly suggest get the ebay plastic pry tools. The middle plastic trim over is also held down by bunch of tabs and retainer clips. Just go easy and don't pull on it with a lot of force... slow and steady.
I do have the trim removal tools, it's just that I didn't feel very comfortable prying too much as to not break any tabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts