BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone like the F15? I had one as a loaner vehicle and was thoroughly dissapointed. Drove like a Lexus and looks like an X3.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
no. we're all e70 hardcore fanbois here. E70 today, E70 tomorrow, E70 forever

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,383 Posts
Been a few threads.

I dont mind the looks- it is my wife's SUV for crissakes- but the steering was really skitterty....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The steering is the biggest issue I had with it, aside from its appearance. Funny thing is that my wife drove it and actually liked it because it was easier for her to steer.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Why come into an E70 forum with issues pertaining to an F15? Seems like bashing for sport more than looking for practical info!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bashing? No not really. Just seeking opinions on the F15 from other E70 owners and giving my opinion on the F15 based on my observations. There was no "bashing" intended.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had both the 6 cyl gas and diesel F15 as loaners.

I echo the opinions on the steering - too light, lack of feedback - just didn't feel "connected". I also didn't like the brakes - BMW switched to a low dust brake compound at the expense of initial bite and feedback.

It looks "OK" to me, but I prefer the more aggressive look of the E70. I like the interior, with the major exception of the nav screen - I prefer the more integrated look on the E70.

As for the drivetrain, the gas version was OK, but I thought the diesel combined with the 8-speed transmission was excellent, and a big improvement over my diesel E70. The F15 diesel/8-speed in the E70 would be a winner IMHO.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've had both the 6 cyl gas and diesel F15 as loaners.

I echo the opinions on the steering - too light, lack of feedback - just didn't feel "connected". I also didn't like the brakes - BMW switched to a low dust brake compound at the expense of initial bite and feedback.
I noticed this on my wife's '15 428. No dust and the brakes suck...

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
I noticed this on my wife's '15 428. No dust and the brakes suck...
American market! In Europe they still dust :)
If you ask owners, 90% of them would take less dust over performance.
That is why Akebono is selling those POS pads like crazy.
I always recommend them to people who truly hate me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My 2011 E70 50i: A Clydesdale on steroids.

The F15 X5M 50i (loaner while I have both turbos and valve stem seals done on my e70): A gazelle.

(Other than the N63 reliability or lack thereof) I prefer the Clydesdale. If I replace my 2011 it will be with a low mileage 2013.

·
Among the Proud
471 Posts
The more refined interior is just about the only thing I favor over the E70.

As far as exterior looks, as with the E70, it looks best when m-sported up and has fitting wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts