BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have a 2012 Right Hand Drive BMW F20 one series that started having some problems with the front passenger power window a while ago where it would not automatically go all the way up, I had to hold the window switch to bring it up. I didn't think much of it but a couple days ago when I rolled the window up all the way, it would then go down by about 1/4 of the way by itself, I tried a few times to then roll the window back up and now it won't go down. (Suppose its good that its locked shut)

I have tried resetting the window limits using these instructions:
Let's reset the windows limits

When i try to flick the switch to make the window go up I can hear a mechanical click (very quiet) but no sound when i try to roll the window down with either the driver or passenger side door window buttons.

I tried to check all relevant fuses but cannot find the rear electronic module that apparently contains the fuses for the power windows.

Tldr:
Could anyone suggest how I can gain access to the rear electronic module to check the fuse or if I should try anything else please?

I believe it is this part I am trying to get to (for fuses 83 and 84):

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=1C12-EUR-06-2012-F20-BMW-118d&diagId=61_2802

Thanks a lot!

Liam._a__a2_

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tim!

Yeah I checked one fuse under the bonnet and the body shop took off the back-right trim of the boot and checked the two fuses there and apparently they are not blown :( I can't find any fuses that could be related to the window under the boot floor.
Thanks for your suggestion! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.