Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the correct/normal castor angle should be for the F22? Mine is 6.5 degrees, which seems a little on the low side to me.

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Somebody asked this before. I looked on NewTIS.info and couldn't find it. Your best bet would be for somebody with an F22 who has got an alignment at a BMW dealership to post their print-out.

I have an F10. My print-out from the BMW alignment system has the columns: Initial Measurement, Target Data, Final Measurement, Target Data. It doesn't list any target data for caster. But, the initial and final caster angles were around 6.5 degrees.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,477 Posts
Mine is 6.5 degrees, ...
How do you know this, 6.5°?

If a mechanic operating an alignment machine told you this, then ask him for the print out that should specify allowable ranges for your chassis. Else why bother to measure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If a mechanic operating an alignment machine told you this, then ask him for the print out that should specify allowable ranges for your chassis. Else why bother to measure.
I know because I asked to have it measured since I am having problems with my car not self-centering. I have a KDS II printout with the measured angles, but there is no info on what it should be.

·
Registered
10,676 Posts

The print out from my alignment at the BMW dealership doesn't list a range for caster. Go see if you can find caster range in NewTIS. I couldn't. I suspect that they don't spec' this because it's not adjustable. If there's no spec', then it can't be out of spec'.

The print out doesn't list a range for left and right toe-in, either. It just lists the nominal value and tolerance for total toe. However, it would be reasonable to assume that the left and right nominal values would be half of the total nominal value.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts