BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've bought/leased a BMW where the manufacturer doesn't tell us the type of wood we are getting. Assuming it is real wood, laminated to death, does anyone know what type of wood the "Wave Fineline"?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Does it matter? It looks fine to me. It is real wood. There isn't much of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
X3 Wood trim

Does it really matter? Probably not, I just wanted to know. Never seen either woodgrain effects before, so I wonder if they are natural or man-made. I'm an Architect and we sort of get into design details.

True, there isn't a lot of it which is great - my E60 550i has way too much on the dash - a big ol' slab of wood, which is why I went with the Anthracite Bamboo and the black interior. otherwise it would stand out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X3 Wood

I never thought of Pine, it is a very cheap wood, and you can get it with a variety of wave in the grain. Ha, BMW was probably so embarassed about using Pine that is why the type of wood was never identified. Perhaps next year we'll have the option of Knotty Pine, early American style!

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Looks like something from IKEA, to be honest. Heh.

·
Fountainhead
722 Posts
I never thought of Pine, it is a very cheap wood, and you can get it with a variety of wave in the grain. Ha, BMW was probably so embarassed about using Pine that is why the type of wood was never identified. Perhaps next year we'll have the option of Knotty Pine, early American style!
That's just what a random CA said at my local dealership. Same guy insisted that the 35i had an actual twin turbo engine. So take it with a grain of salt.

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
The wood doesn't look that bad. The sluminum looks absolutely horrible.

Might as well buy a DeLorean.

If they wanted to impress me they would offer carbon fiber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.