BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F30 2012 3 Series Sedan 'equipment lines' explained by pictures

26836 Views 29 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Michael Schott
The Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line equipment variants emphasize the different sides to the new BMW 3 Series Sedan's character in their own individual ways.

The Luxury Line...

Key Exterior Features
  • Chromed kidney grille slats
  • Chromed exhaust pipes and window surrounds
  • Exclusive 18" wheels and front air dam design

Key Interior Features
  • Leather seats with distinctive seam pattern
  • Chrome accents
  • Wood trim

The Modern Line...

Key Exterior Features
  • Matt chrome kidney grille slats
  • Matt chrome exhaust pipe tips

Key Interior Features
  • Leather seats with contrasting piping
  • Light-colored dashboard
  • Light-colored steering wheel

The Sport Line....

Key Exterior Features
  • High-gloss black kidney grille slats
  • High-gloss exhaust tips
  • Sports Suspension

Key Interior Features
  • Sport Seats
  • Red stitching and piping
  • Red contrasting trim accents

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
They got rid of the passenger-side, in-dash cupholders!
That is right. They put them in front of the gear lever...not sure how I feel about that realistically. Something I'll probably have to see in person. I still don't have any faith in the E9X cupholder location though either.
The F30 cupholders appear to be in the same position as they are in my X5. Comparing the two, this cupholder placement is better, and in my case never did get in the way and spills are more contained.

Back on topic, I am curious if there are any performance spec differences, e.g. sport suspension, between the three different "lines".
That is right. They put them in front of the gear lever...not sure how I feel about that realistically. Something I'll probably have to see in person. I still don't have any faith in the E9X cupholder location though either.
Maybe they'll get rid of the cup holders all together! No drinking while driving a BMW... ;-)
Still going through all the documents and paperwork. I did run into the pdf catalog as well though which explains things in some more detail. Get it here:
http://f30driver.com/pdf/bmw-press-release/2012-BMW-F30-3-series-sedan-catalogue.pdf
Thanks pix. I can't wait to see the coupe/cabrio -- they will be out when my lease expires, as a 428i/435i perhaps... :D
Still going through all the documents and paperwork. I did run into the pdf catalog as well though which explains things in some more detail. Get it here:
http://f30driver.com/pdf/bmw-press-release/2012-BMW-F30-3-series-sedan-catalogue.pdf
These interior shots look great. Way better than what I saw in the thread on the homepage. These pics look great
Sport looks good, Modern looks bleh.

That screen placement though- not sure about it. Would need to see in person.

Also, very, very curious on pricing.
Based on what I could make out it looked like the high end 335i went up about 500 euros. No idea what that means translated to US dollars but I am not expecting too much of an increase. I am curious as to what the "option" pricing is going to be on these packages though.
I'm not a fan of the passenger side dash. It looks like the top portion of the dash was left under the sun too long and just melted and covered the trim that should have been lengthened to the passenger side air vent.
That section you describe on the far right does look odd.
I'm not a fan of the passenger side dash. It looks like the top portion of the dash was left under the sun too long and just melted and covered the trim that should have been lengthened to the passenger side air vent.
My guess is that they are trying to make you feel like the dash surrounds you? I think it looks a little odd in pictures but am hoping it is one of those things that makes sense when you sit in the car....
They are like that in the E70 X5 - and honestly - they work better than the E90 M3 - I consider that a win, although I'm not really a fan of drinks behind the gear shifter, especially in a MT.
:thumbup:

Maybe they'll get rid of the cup holders all together! No drinking while driving a BMW... ;-)
:thumbup::thumbup: (where ya' been? friend?):hi:

The "luxury" version certainly looks best to me, but what's with the droopy passenger side dash?
It's called "melt-surfacing". LOL
The "luxury" version certainly looks best to me, but what's with the droopy passenger side dash?
The new cupholders are surely an improvement over those in the E90. That's what my wife hates most about BMWs in the E90 or E60. These new ones appear to look and work like those in the new 5 series. To me, they don't look big enough to hold anything larger than a 12 oz. can.

I also do not like how the trim on the bottom of the wood or aluminum (the red part) kicks up near the passenger door. It looks like it melted along with the top of the dash and just doesn't look very well finished.
the e90 cupholders are dunkin donuts (Since their covers have caps) friendly. But they are not good with starbucks one pothole and the coffee goes all over the center console
I'm not sure if prices were released yet, but are we forced to pick one of these lines to get a 3 series? Anyhow, what do you guys think is the arrangement of those lines in terms of prices from lowest to highest. And do you guys think the prices will be comparable to current 2011 3 series? Thanks!
At least it is concealable.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.