BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a customer that has contacted me today with an F30 issue. Long story short he had a fault with his instrument cluster so he went to a local BMW Dealer and they coded a new cluster and apparently told him they had done a factory reset. After this his xenon lights don’t work. They have checked it out and apparently it didn’t come factory with them so they say they can’t help him re code them.

I have E-Sys myself but how and what to code I have no idea. Would anyone be able to help put me on the right path?

Kind regards, Kev.

·
Registered
55 Posts
First add 522 (xenon lights) and 524 (adaptive lights) to your VO, and then write the VO to the car
  • Connect to the car with esys
  • Expert mode -> coding, click Read under vehicle order and click Edit
  • Esys will go to FA-Editor, from there right click on your FA and calculate FP
  • once finished you will see vehicle profile on the right. Expand FAList on the left to SALAPA-element and add the 522 (and 524 if they are adaptive xenons) key to it and click on Apply Changes (Right top corner of that Salapa-Element, the icon is a small door kind of)
  • now the new FA has to be calculated again, right click on FA and calculcate FP.
  • Save the FA
  • go to Expert mode > VCM, load the FA you just saved (from vehicle order tab click on the 3 dots to browser for the saved FA), right click on it and calculate fp again.
  • Go to VCM Master tab and click write FA FP. The fa will be written to the car. As far as i remember, it will not show a dialog of completion.
-click Read FA FP VIN and check if the changes are saved to the car.
LAST STEP:

VO Code FEM_BODY: Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on FEM_BODY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

The xenons will work again :) Happy days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.