Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I did some coding on my F30 recently, nothing unsual, just changed the BMW startup logo.

However, my instrument cluster does not have the white backlight during the day. It does have the orange light during night. I am sure I did not touch anything regarding this during coding. I know many people try to change the nightlight to white, but I did not change that.

Any clues/direction ? Anyone face this before ?

I am using Bimmercode app for Android and OBD adpater.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,054 Posts
If you have an analog IP, this is how it is. There's no white backlighting during the day.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Hi Folks,

I did some coding on my F30 recently, nothing unsual, just changed the BMW startup logo.

However, my instrument cluster does not have the white backlight during the day. It does have the orange light during night. I am sure I did not touch anything regarding this during coding. I know many people try to change the nightlight to white, but I did not change that.

Any clues/direction ? Anyone face this before ?

I am using Bimmercode app for Android and OBD adpater.
Undo the code changes and see if the display goes back.
Then visit the coding forum for some assistance.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,054 Posts
The instrument panel is digital, it used to have the White daylight.
View attachment 1008469 View attachment 1008469
this is not a pic of BMW's digital IP. The bottom "extended contents" is digital; the gauges are analog. If you can see the speedo/tach numbers when the car is off, you don't have a BMW digital IP. The "white" in the daylight is just the white facing of the numbers--exactly the same as what you see when the car is off.

Here's a pic of an analog cluster, like you posted above. You see the white numbers. Those numbers aren't visible from "backlighting" because this IP isn't connected to anything.

Standard F30 analog IPs only have orange backlighting when the lights are on--but you can't see it during the day with the white markings.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts