Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
~ For a Better Tomorrow ~
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With how crazy people drive around hometown... I'm looking to install a Dash Cam front and back. Has anyone tried installing these while hiding the wires properly?

I've seen multiple outdated Youtube videos but they are much older bimmers.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
With how crazy people drive around hometown... I'm looking to install a Dash Cam front and back. Has anyone tried installing these while hiding the wires properly?

I've seen multiple outdated Youtube videos but they are much older bimmers.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks
Blackboxmycar has some YouTube videos of various installs. One of them is an F30. Another shows how to hardwire into an M4.

It***8217;s not rocket surgery. The front cam needs one wire for power and the other wire goes to the rear. The only variable is where you get power from.

My setup uses a battery pack that***8217;s connected to a switched fuse in the trunk. Wire from there is routed up behind the liner for the c pillar and follows the edge of the roof liner and is in the headliner just front of the window shades. Same goes for the wire for the rear cam. Another option is to use the 12v connection below the glove box and route the wire along the A-pillar and behind the glove box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts