BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Today I had the climate control on "auto", started raining and I almost got into an accident because all the windows were blocked by condensation.

I have not adjusted the climate system yet (took delivery a couple of days ago). According to the user guide, in "auto" mode, there is some air flowing to the windows to remove condensation, it does not seem to be the case with my car.

The only way I found to remove the condensation was to press the bottom 15 that you can see in the attached picture (circled in yellow).

After pushing that button, it start sending air to the windows at full fan speed (also did not have idea on how to regulate the fan speed for this defrosting button).

I hope there is a way to send air to the face and at the same time to windows, otherwise this would be a problem every time I drive in rainy conditions.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Automatic climate control is intended to maintain a comfortable temperature in the cabin. It doesn't detect fogging on the windshield.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You should have button #9 set so that the "A" is lit. That allows the system to bring in outside air which is necessary to remove moisture from inside the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Leave AC button On with Auto regardless of outside temp. System will engage AC as necessary to keep humidity in cabin down to prevent windows from fogging

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chetman7 for the win! You were right, button 7 will configure how air is supplied, you can select the three different vents combinations: feet, front and windows. I cycled through it until the three of them were selected. It was set to only send air from the front vents. After changing that, the windows are getting air.

So this confirms that auto climate control should help you with the windows and avoid condensation.

Thank you all for your help :)

·
BMW New Guy
332 Posts
Chetman7 for the win! You were right, button 7 will configure how air is supplied, you can select the three different vents combinations: feet, front and windows. I cycled through it until the three of them were selected. It was set to only send air from the front vents. After changing that, the windows are getting air.

So this confirms that auto climate control should help you with the windows and avoid condensation.

Thank you all for your help :)
Changing air controls disables auto if I remember correctly. The other replies listed steps you need if you want auto kept on.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts