BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys..
i've ordered a new f33.. i've made a huge mistake doing the order and i've forgot to insert the acc.

On the car i0ve got the lane departure assist, the high beam, park assistant, the driving assistant with emergency brake system (the car will brake if i didn't brake of if there is someone in front of the car) and the speed limit info.. so i think to have all the stuff to use the ACC... do you know is is possible to retrofit it just changing the cruise control command on the steering wheel and coding it?

regards

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hi guys..
i've ordered a new f33.. i've made a huge mistake doing the order and i've forgot to insert the acc.

On the car i0ve got the lane departure assist, the high beam, park assistant, the driving assistant with emergency brake system (the car will brake if i didn't brake of if there is someone in front of the car) and the speed limit info.. so i think to have all the stuff to use the ACC... do you know is is possible to retrofit it just changing the cruise control command on the steering wheel and coding it?

regards
Pretty sure you will be missing a sensor. Note I am not a gear head, BUT my wife had a 2016 X5 with Drivers assist and DA+ (so everything but the ACC with stop N go), and we had to have BMW buy that car back.

When we did that, we ordered a replacement X5 and added the ACC with stop N go, and now there is a very large Black Box in the front bumper area that was not there on the other car.

I am not sure if its the same on the non SUVs though, but there is obviously an additional sensor that was added to the X5 (at least the 1 that I saw, maybe more but I am not sure).

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have a 330e with ACC (it was an absolute requirement for me) and I have the black box on the front. The ACC uses radar to gauge distance so if you didn't order it, you likely don't have the radar that is necessary for ACC. Whether it can be retrofitted I don't know but with ACC you also get braking and I also have a headup display that shows the car in front of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts