BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a strange occurrence a couple of weeks ago. The audible "beep" when you lock/unlock your doors quit working on my '17 440i GC? I initially though I might have blown a fuse as it happened all of the sudden, but I can't seen anywhere in the fuse indicator panel, or even an option for it? I then scrolled through my iDrive and tried deactivating and reactivating the audible door lock option, but it didn't seem to make a difference?

I've done a few searches and it appears the chime is tied into the factory car alarm (which my car has), but I can't seem to find indication that there's an issues? I even tested it by locking the car with the window rolled down and opening the door from the inside. It sets the horn off, but the audible alarm sound isn't going off.

I found this video on YouTube instructing you to reset it, but it say its for a 3-series. My fuse panel doesn't have a fuse option for the "alarm" like shown on this video...but maybe that diagram (and this reset feature) is exclusive to the 3-series cars?

Is there a fuse I'm missing somewhere? Or is there a way to troubleshoot the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happened to me once (No single beep when locking / Still double beep when unlocking)

In my case, was due to the hood not being completely shut. Doors, Trunk, & Hood have to all be closed to get the beep.
Yeah, I tried that too. Went all the way around the car. Re-shut all the doors, hood, hatch....even the fuel door. Didn't make a difference. I don't get a beep any beep at all....locked, or unlocked. Just the headlight flash. Double checked the menu in my iDrive just to make sure I didn't uncheck it by accident, but sure enough...its turned on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts