Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2017 225xe (Grand tourer) which corresponds to the f45 model.
Im using esys premium launcher 2.8.2, pdz data v4.15.20 and E-Sys v.3.27.1 but im can't seem to do anything with it.

When i open the launcher,i can choose the f45, but on esys the f45 doesn't show on the list. I read online on a post the f056 also corresponds to the f45(don't know if its true or not) and i choose thast on esys and i can read the ecus and FA but i can't activate the FA or the do any changes because i get an error.

Am i doing anything wrong? how can i code the f45?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
40,012 Posts
Per the instrucitons>:

F056 psdzdata covers F039/F045/F046/F047/F048/F049/F052/F054/F055/F056/F057/F060

So use E-Sys F056 as your Connection Target.

What is the error you get when activating FA?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank you for the reply

I tried that. I also tried choosing the f45 and since it didn't work and i was going to choose f056 on esys, also tried choosing f56 on the launcher. Both returned the same error on esys.

I wasn't able to take a actual screenshot as i was in a rush at the time but took a quick picture with my phone of the error:

link to photo

·
Premium Member
40,012 Posts
I added the photo of the error to the post, it wasn't showing up.
Use:

E-Sys Launcher Car Series = F045
E-Sys Connection Target = F056

As for Error, use "Read ECU, not "Read SVT".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply!

I was already reading ECU only, using those settings on esys and the launcher, and the problem still showed. So i was able to get a list of the ECU but the error showed up when i tried "activate FA"

·
Premium Member
40,012 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I was already reading ECU only, using those settings on esys and the launcher, and the problem still showed. So i was able to get a list of the ECU but the error showed up when i tried "activate FA"
I have no idea then. If you are using E-Sys 3.27.1 as you wrote, and not 3.28.1, it should activate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So now i as able to go into the editing /coding part but then still stuck in the activate FA error. Im using those versions I mentioned.
I took a full screenshot of the error in hopes that it will shed some insight into finding a solution:

·
Premium Member
40,012 Posts
So now i as able to go into the editing /coding part but then still stuck in the activate FA error. Im using those versions I mentioned.
I took a full screenshot of the error in hopes that it will shed some insight into finding a solution:
It doesn't. Send me TeamViewer Login and I will look at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all your help.
I actually gave another try with a different pc and now everything is working and i can activate and code.

However, im having trouble getting video playback to work. Do you know what i need to code in order to make it work?
I activated followed this steps:

HU_NBT=> ENT_VIDEO = aktiv
HU_NBT => API_USB_VIDEO = both
HU_NBT => ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT = aktiv.
HU_NBT => ENT_CODEC_OGG = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_CODEC_VCD = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_CODEC_XVID = aktiv

But it doesnt show video, only plays sound. Did i miss something?
The car is a 2017 f45 225xe

·
Premium Member
40,012 Posts
Thank you for all your help.
I actually gave another try with a different pc and now everything is working and i can activate and code.

However, im having trouble getting video playback to work. Do you know what i need to code in order to make it work?
I activated followed this steps:

HU_NBT=> ENT_VIDEO = aktiv
HU_NBT => API_USB_VIDEO = both
HU_NBT => ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT = aktiv.
HU_NBT => ENT_CODEC_OGG = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_CODEC_VCD = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_CODEC_XVID = aktiv

But it doesnt show video, only plays sound. Did i miss something?
The car is a 2017 f45 225xe
I think your car has ENTRYNAV Head Unit (6UN Navigation or 6UP Navigation Plus) not NBT Head Unit (609 Professional Navigaiton) so it is not capable of USB Video.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it is indeed the smaller screen and not the professional one.
Well, all this work for nothing i guess. Might sttill be handy one day.

Thank you for all your help anyways!
Have a good year!

·
Premium Member
40,012 Posts
Yes, it is indeed the smaller screen and not the professional one.
Well, all this work for nothing i guess. Might sttill be handy one day.

Thank you for all your help anyways!
Have a good year!
:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts