Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F48 BMW X1 Technical Training docs

Dive deep into the technical underpinnings of the all-new BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (F48) with these BMW technical documents. The new X1 is a dramatic departure from the engine and transmission layout that historically made a BMW. The X1 engine is mounted sideways (transvers) in the engine bay with the power being split front and rear with a clutch actuated all wheel drive xDrive system.

Model Year 2016 F48 BMW X1 Pricing & Ordering Guides

If you like to know more then just what is in the owners manual then these are the documents for you to pour over. A big thanks to Bimmerfest member ynguldyn for providing these. Here is one interesting bit of information he found in the docs -

In order to avoid premature component wear, the drive-off with launch control is only available 100 times over the service life of the Sports automatic transmission and cannot be reset by Service.
Did any other technical facts stick out to you? Post below to let us know.

About the 2016 BMW X1
The BMW X1 xDrive28i is the exclusive model in the US at launch featuring a 2.0-liter TwinTurbo 4-cylinder engine from BMW's new family of modular engines with maximum output of 228 horsepower, making the all new BMW X1 the most powerful entry model in the segment. It will be mounted to an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. An efficiency-optimized version of the BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system and newly developed chassis technology all help to enhance sporting ability and ride comfort compared to the outgoing model.

Read more about the all new 2016 F48 BMW X1

Attachments

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why BMW puts launch control in an X1 is beyond me. Maybe so they can sell more replacement transmissions.
It is part of their DNA to have all the sporty elements in their SAVs. Otherwise what would set them apart from other SUVs? BMW SAVs/SUVs are supposed to offer the performance of their cars in a more versatile package.

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Front bumper removal

Does anyone have the Technical Manual for removing body panels? I need to remove the front bumper of my F48 X1 after an incident.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have the Technical Manual for removing body panels? I need to remove the front bumper of my F48 X1 after an incident.
The information you're looking for is in ISTA, it is not in manuals. I've been told if you search our BMW coding forum for ISTA Rheingold you'll have good luck.

Tim

·
Registered
95 Posts

Dive deep into the technical underpinnings of the all-new BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (F48) with these BMW technical documents. The new X1 is a dramatic departure from the engine and transmission layout that historically made a BMW. The X1 engine is mounted sideways (transvers) in the engine bay with the power being split front and rear with a clutch actuated all wheel drive xDrive system.

If you like to know more then just what is in the owners manual then these are the documents for you to pour over. A big thanks to Bimmerfest member ynguldyn for providing these. Here is one interesting bit of information he found in the docs -

About the 2016 BMW X1
The BMW X1 xDrive28i is the exclusive model in the US at launch featuring a 2.0-liter TwinTurbo 4-cylinder engine from BMW's new family of modular engines with maximum output of 228 horsepower, making the all new BMW X1 the most powerful entry model in the segment. It will be mounted to an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. An efficiency-optimized version of the BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system and newly developed chassis technology all help to enhance sporting ability and ride comfort compared to the outgoing model.

Hi Tim

Thank you for your sharing. This is great for me to understand my car. Is there any more information for the engine B47 (X1 F48 18d)? Or those documents should be compliance to B47 except the part 2 Engine? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

About the 2016 BMW X1

Tim - any chance you could post the Technical documents for the X4 F26 in that forum?
Your constant effort on Bimmerfest is greatly appreciated.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,983 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have purchased a f48 2016 platted with all the Driver assist systems and it's doesn't have Road sign detection.
When I took it back to the dealer they said sorry it was only available in build dates post November 2016.
This seems strange that they would have this sort of variance in a current model.

Is this correct??

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 17 of 17 Posts