BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow coders,

Trying to make a long story short, I am currently researching the right order into flashing a regular F82 M4 EGS4/DCT with the M4 GTS SWFL.

The GTS transmission software is quite a bit different in handling/driving/shifting compared to the regular model. (Al parts are identical and it is already possible to do so) but I am figuring out how to myself.

The standard M4 uses swfl_00001f70 and the M4 GTS uses swfl_000038c1

Here it seems we need to manipulate the TAL before flashing the M4 (since PSdZdata 59.2 and upwards contain the right files) but of course, the M4 has a buildyear that is older than the M4 GTS. We also need to edit the target SVT, in order to flash it with the right SWFL/CAFD.

Could somebody point me in the right direction? Do we need to change the typeschlussel of the car first from 3R91 (M4 ECE) to 4S91 (M4 GTS ECE) in the TAL?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. FSC protected and altered Typeshüssel injected files for DME/GWS/DCT ecus will put the car in limp mode. Only way is a DCT Flash Tune.
EGS should not be FSC protected, i've alread read about a milkyway flashing different M4/M2 with GTS SWFL, so it should be possible. Note that i am not changing US to ECE typekey, rather changing the typekey from M4 ECE to M4 GTS ECE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
EGS should not be FSC protected, i've alread read about a milkyway flashing different M4/M2 with GTS SWFL, so it should be possible. Note that i am not changing US to ECE typekey, rather changing the typekey from M4 ECE to M4 GTS ECE.
Old thread sure people tried this but if you haven't I flashed to GTS EGS software, definitely smoother.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Old thread sure people tried this but if you haven't I flashed to GTS EGS software, definitely smoother.
Hi

I know this is an old post but has anyone flashed successfully the M4 GTS Transmission software to any other F8x variants?

My friend has a F80 M3 and has asked me if I could do the GTS software upgrade for him, I said of course I would if i knew the correct route to take so if someone could help me then that would be great

I have ESYS PRO 3.28.1 with the latest psdzdata with good knowledge of FDL coding, VO changes and done a few Updates/Flashes but as previously stated help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
Hi

I know this is an old post but has anyone flashed successfully the M4 GTS Transmission software to any other F8x variants?

My friend has a F80 M3 and has asked me if I could do the GTS software upgrade for him, I said of course I would if i knew the correct route to take so if someone could help me then that would be great

I have ESYS PRO 3.28.1 with the latest psdzdata with good knowledge of FDL coding, VO changes and done a few Updates/Flashes but as previously stated help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:
Flashed EU and US M4 GTS EGS to F80, F82, F83 DCT. Also done VO coding to EPS, GHAS, and VDC.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Flashed EU and US M4 GTS EGS to F80, F82, F83 DCT. Also done VO coding to EPS, GHAS, and VDC.
That's great stuff, I know your very very experienced with this sort of thing, is it at all possible to PM me the "how too" instruction on what to do and what I need to be able to do my friends car? All help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
That's great stuff, I know your very very experienced with this sort of thing, is it at all possible to PM me the "how too" instruction on what to do and what I need to be able to do my friends car? All help will be greatly appreciated

I do not have a how-to written out. It is just a matter of modifying FA's, which are used to flash as well as VO code. There is general flashing guide for E-sys if you have never done before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have done some flashing but not really as many as I would have liked to.. so I do know how to do a basic flash from the esys guides and done VO change to my F30 for EBT but not the FA modifying.. how would I do the FA modifying?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
I have done some flashing but not really as many as I would have liked to.. so I do know how to do a basic flash from the esys guides and done VO change to my F30 for EBT but not the FA modifying.. how would I do the FA modifying?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Same way you have done in the past, but edit chassis and typecode as needed; make sure just to load and not write changes to VCM. Also, do not flash DME; it will cripple without proper FSC code.

·
Registered
438 Posts

I can confirm this is doable and can apply to M2 M3 M4 where egs4 is installed.

There is no FSC protected in egs and as you can see they were even using same hwel.

The same method can also apply to Alpina egs software.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same way you have done in the past, but edit chassis and typecode as needed; make sure just to load and not write changes to VCM. Also, do not flash DME; it will cripple without proper FSC code.
Haha you make it sound really easy and simple but it's hard to picture it whilst not hooked up the car and going through the motions..
What do I edit the chassis to and the type code? I have a screen shot of some information
PM sent please let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
74 Posts

I can confirm this is doable and can apply to M2 M3 M4 where egs4 is installed.

There is no FSC protected in egs and as you can see they were even using same hwel.

The same method can also apply to Alpina egs software.
So is it the same flash you would do when doing the 2TB sports transmission flash?

Sorry to you and Almaretto for my many questions and queries I would just like to get this right on my friends F80 haha

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
Haha you make it sound really easy and simple but it***8217;s hard to picture it whilst not hooked up the car and going through the motions..
What do I edit the chassis to and the type code? I have a screen shot of some information
PM sent please let me know your thoughts
I am at office now and not hooked up to car either, but I can picture it.

Your PM is more or less correct for M4 GTS, but would be different for M4 CS and you also need to change chassis if car is F80.

EDIT: You cannot run Tal Calculation without connecting to vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
So is it the same flash you would do when doing the 2TB sports transmission flash?

Sorry to you and Almaretto for my many questions and queries I would just like to get this right on my friends F80 haha
Not sure what you mean by 2TB flash. 2TB is usually adding Sport+ and VO coding.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am at office now and not hooked up to car either, but I can picture it.

Your PM is more or less correct for M4 GTS, but would be different for M4 CS and you also need to change chassis if car is F80.

EDIT: You cannot run Tal Calculation without connecting to vehicle.
I'm now on my laptop and could probably connect to my F30 to go through the motions to refresh my mind

When you say "more or less" what differences would I need to make for it to work on an F80 and where would I change the chassis?

Sorry ignore the 2TB flash comment realized its a VO change and code after I had sent

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Almaretto,

I can made a tal calculation without being connected to the car, Of course if I have the svt and FA previously saved on the pc

Try tu run tal calculation connecting to "connection via gateway tcp://127.0.0.1:6801"

That should work to generate the svt_soll and tal

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
I'm now on my laptop and could probably connect to my F30 to go through the motions to refresh my mind

When you say "more or less" what differences would I need to make for it to work on an F80 and where would I change the chassis?

Sorry ignore the 2TB flash comment realized its a VO change and code after I had sent
Exactly what I wrote. There is no such thing as an M3 GTS. Therefore, you have to change chassis from M3 to M4.

Hi Almaretto,

I can made a tal calculation without being connected to the car, Of course if I have the svt and FA previously saved on the pc

Try tu run tal calculation connecting to "connection via gateway tcp://127.0.0.1:6801"

That should work to generate the svt_soll and tal
"Connection Check Failed," though it does sometimes work; just tried and got downgrade on one car during KIS and error on TAL. And, not a big deal to connect to car or use E-sys Coding-Verification.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Exactly what I wrote. There is no such thing as an M3 GTS. Therefore, you have to change chassis from M3 to M4.

I realize that you are way more experienced in this and probably don't want to give too much information away but we all need to start some where surly this can be understood..
All I ask is that im passed the right information so that I can do this correctly :dunno:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts