BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what to change to install the LED reverse light in a F87 M2?

Coding Wise so no errors pop up in the IDrive. I tried searching but could not find a straight answer.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
-FRM
AUSG_24_RFS_L_IS_LED to aktiv | LED Reverse Lights
AUSG_25_RFS_R_IS_LED to aktiv | LED Reverse Lights

Can't believe BMW still uses incandescent bulbs for the reverse lights on the 2017 models..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont have that Module. I FEM_Body I looked for that and it wasn't there thats what it was on my F10 M5

I have to check under REM maybe there.

-FRM
AUSG_24_RFS_L_IS_LED to aktiv | LED Reverse Lights
AUSG_25_RFS_R_IS_LED to aktiv | LED Reverse Lights

Can't believe BMW still uses incandescent bulbs for the reverse lights on the 2017 models..

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Dont have that Module. I FEM_Body I looked for that and it wasn't there thats what it was on my F10 M5

I have to check under REM maybe there.
Yeah, if you just copy and paste the AUSG stuff in search, if it shows up, it's the module.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Does anyone know what to change to install the LED reverse light in a F87 M2?

Coding Wise so no errors pop up in the IDrive. I tried searching but could not find a straight answer.
Jimmy9980,

Granted that I have an F30, but all of the lights for the rear of the car are controlled by the REM (Rear Electronics Module). When I changed the reverse/back-up lights from regular to LED bulbs, I coded three items for each side (all in the 3061 LCEOutputChannels section):
  • RFS_X_KALBUEBERWACHNUNG from AKTIV to NICHT_AKTIV
  • RFS_X_WARMUEBERWACHNUNG from AKTIV to NICHT_AKTIV
  • RFS_X_IS_LED from NICHT_AKTIV to AKTIV
Where the X is either R for Right and L is for Left

I would, using E-Sys (and the Launcher, of course) do a search of the REM module becuase it may be in a different module. ALternatively, if you have NCD-CAFD tool (available on other threads -- another terrific product from TokenMaster), you can use it to search your REM NCD file, if you have saved it to your computer.

Finally, I made the attached bulb chart that I have found quite useful -- again, for an F30, but it may be transferable to your car

Hope that helps!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
I would, using E-Sys (and the Launcher, of course) do a search of the REM module becuase it may be in a different module. ALternatively, if you have NCD-CAFD tool (available on other threads -- another terrific product from TokenMaster), you can use it to search your REM NCD file, if you have saved it to your computer.
Rsnic is correct.

Additionally...
You can search in E-sys but TM's tool is nice because it displays all possible options and werte values without having to select edit for drop-down menu.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rsnic is correct.

Additionally...

You can search in E-sys but TM's tool is nice because it displays all possible options and werte values without having to select edit for drop-down menu.
And to add one more thing, what is the specific input voltage and output PWM on the LED's you're using?

Sometimes this needs to be adjusted in the car to match.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
You will not find those funktions in F2x, F3x, F8x ECU's. And, repeating yourself does not make it the correct solution.
I tried but I did pull my list from other vehicles that aren't F01/F02. I just noticed that there are codings for F007, F025, F030, and other stuff there too when I was messing with the codes to say F001 LED etc. So either you are wrong and you have no idea and want to be right or you are right but considering that I do see the other F2x, F3x there too means they could use the same module.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I tried but I did pull my list from other vehicles that aren't F01/F02. I just noticed that there are codings for F007, F025, F030, and other stuff there too when I was messing with the codes to say F001 LED etc. So either you are wrong and you have no idea and want to be right or you are right but considering that I do see the other F2x, F3x there too means they could use the same module.
No, Almaretto is right. Since F001/F010 chassis uses FRM module and F20/F30/F80 chassis uses FEM/REM module for front/rear. All FDL mappings in those ECU's are completely different. For F025 you either FRM (F25) or BDC_BODY (F15 etc.).

For F20/F30/F80 chassis its:

RFS_X_KALBUEBERWACHNUNG from AKTIV to NICHT_AKTIV
RFS_X_WARMUEBERWACHNUNG from AKTIV to NICHT_AKTIV
RFS_X_IS_LED from NICHT_AKTIV to AKTIV

In addition you could also set the CCM and Kurzschluss FLD to nicht_aktiv if your retrofitted LED's still gives you an error on display.

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
I tried but I did pull my list from other vehicles that aren't F01/F02. I just noticed that there are codings for F007, F025, F030, and other stuff there too when I was messing with the codes to say F001 LED etc.
Coding is hardware specific. If you want to know which ECU's are shared by various chassis, you can check out a CAFD's Header for FP or see CAFD_ID's Tables.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bulbs I used didnt throw any errors nor do they flash from the checks. The options are in REM I was able to locate them but left them alone since no errors popped up. Thanks for the info !:thumbup:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Coding is hardware specific. If you want to know which ECU's are shared by various chassis, you can check out a CAFD's Header for FP or see CAFD_ID's Tables.

I've given him some tips as have many others, but he chooses to ignore any advice and instead advises everyone to stop coding until HE figures it out; begging members on the other side of the globe to personally go to a dealer and beg for help from service to fix his problem.

The F001 LCI have the most scattered, complex, and completely unique lighting control layout compared to every other chassis, very little reference can be used successfully on it even where there are identical master controllers or ID names.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wonder too, because every single car I have seen with aftermarktet LED's do suffer from flickering during bulb check (due to KALT/WARM uberwachung).
There are a few that are reputable and CAN bus ready but are most often not available in certain localities and have high price tags.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There are a few that are reputable and CAN bus ready but are most often not available in certain localities and have high price tags.
Miami10,

You are on target! I broke down and got reverse, front & rear turn signal Weisslicht LEDs from Bimmian. They were by no means cheap, but have lifetime guarantee and are of good quality. I did, however, still have to make the same three coding adjustments for every LED I installed (is LED, warm & cold checks); with those changes, I do not have any flickering. The flickering occurs because the car sends at start up and periodically a small electrical pulse to see if the incandescent bulb is functioning, which does not affect these type of bulbs; LEDs, on the other hand, are affected by very slight changes in current -- hence the flicker.
Being CAN Bus ready has nothing to do with flicker (that's the checks I just mentioned) The cheaper LEDs either have an add-on resistor or you have to do that yourself (in either case, there's heat build up) -- that's what makes then them CAN bus ready.

Sorry the soapbox, but there's a lot of misunderstanding on this topic

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I've given him some tips as have many others, but he chooses to ignore any advice and instead advises everyone to stop coding until HE figures it out; begging members on the other side of the globe to personally go to a dealer and beg for help from service to fix his problem.

The F001 LCI have the most scattered, complex, and completely unique lighting control layout compared to every other chassis, very little reference can be used successfully on it even where there are identical master controllers or ID names.
I know you are very knowledgeable but I think it's the reason why you shut me out.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9868845&postcount=326

My entire databased consisted of codings from all F models. I couldn't find a cheat table for F01/F02. I had to use all the cheat tables and read every single one and see which one works on my car. I also coded for like an entire day testing out which works and what does 2-3 at a time. I found my ECE LHM/TMS, and FRM codes from an F30 cheat sheet I think. I think it was for FEM or BDC_BODY or something but I just looked up the code through FRM and found it.

My lights work like crazy at night. They aren't full on and full off. They work in between and everything. The brightness dims and the ranges are far beyond what they were with just a 5AP And 8S4 delete then recode.

If you and people who follow you think my list is bad then it's your own losses.

Unlike you and your F10 M5 I have the F01 with factory BMW Adaptive LED (BMWs flagship lighting technology that isn't Laser), completely unique lighting control layout as you said and tested it myself in person, real, not false make believe theories. I had to spend multiple nights making the "leveling" aiming correct because changing some codes make it different.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts