BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Z4 and I had the BMW alarm system added today. Once the alarm was added, the BMW Assist bluetooth feature quit working. I tried re-pairing the phone with the car but did not work. It appears as if the bluetooth feature is not even working. Anyone have any insights to this situation?

·
Registered ABUSER!
362 Posts
Two things:

1) Fuses would be the first thing to check. BT and the alarm have nothing to do with each other.

2) No factory installed alarm on the Z. It's dealer (or self) installed :p

·
98 Posts
Dealer probably messed up the programming.

When the alarm is installed, it needs to be programmed into your car's computer. I assume that bluetooth is also programmed. Probably in programming the alarm, the dealer accidently disabled bluetooth. I suggest you have a discussion with your dealer's service department.

Lou

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, I meant it was "dealer" installed and I suspect that the bluetooth was disabled at installation. I left the car at the dealer this morning and waiting on their response.

I am using a Blackberry 7290 and since it is not on the supported list, the dealer at first stated that it never worked because it is not supported. I had to explain that after I upgraded the software on the phone, I was able to make it work (minus the steering wheel controls..)

I expect they will have it figured out today.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the car back from the dealer today and they have not figured out the problem. He mentioned that they have contacted BMW and is waiting on a response explaining the problem. Another problem that I noticed tonight is that the Xeon lights no longer have the gradual raise when they are initially turned on. Now they just are on and off with no gradual effects. I did not think that installing an alarm would change other features on the car!

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts