BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2003 325i that has about 5000 miles left on the factory warranty. I noticed a couple of things that I would like fixed but am curious whether they will be covered under the warranty. I want to be prepared before speaking to the service center.

1.) Lighter slot does not have any electrical power - I can not charge my phone.
2.) No AM radio - FM radio works fine but I only receive static with the AM frequency.
3.) The interior cover for the moonroof is off its track.

Minor things I know but annoyances all the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
vrbst4,

I cannot speak from experience, but I sure hope those things are covered! At the same time... it is BMW :( . I had a rubber splash shield on my 530i which was slightly torn. On SA didn't want to deal with it, but another said "No problem". My BMW service center repaired it free of charge, but did comment that it was not ordinarily covered :dunno:

Just make sure you have a good SA or mechanic and make sure they fix it to your satisfaction.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
vrbst4 said:
I just purchased a 2003 325i that has about 5000 miles left on the factory warranty. I noticed a couple of things that I would like fixed but am curious whether they will be covered under the warranty. I want to be prepared before speaking to the service center.

1.) Lighter slot does not have any electrical power - I can not charge my phone.
2.) No AM radio - FM radio works fine but I only receive static with the AM frequency.
3.) The interior cover for the moonroof is off its track.

Minor things I know but annoyances all the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)
Get them fixed!

All three are covered by the warranty. The warranty does not apply to damage from improper operation, modification, improper repair, or damage from an accident.

It also does not cover wear that is not a defect.

So a torn splash shield wouldn't normally be covered. That was damage from a very minor accident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts