BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get out of the BMW family because of the problems I'm having with my car and get into something more reliable. Dealerships only want to give me about $16,500 at most for my trade in, which seems ridiculously low (they also all use Galves wholesale). Does anyone know the real trade-in price for this car in NJ? I checked Edmunds and it said close to $20k. Anyone know where i can get that kind of price for it through trade-in? I don't want ot sell it privately because of the issues it had in the past and I don't want to deal with the hassles for people knocking on my door afterwards.

Automatic
40,000 miles
CPO warranty (1 1/2 years remaining)
HK stereo
Sports package
Bi-xenon

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
I'm looking to get out of the BMW family because of the problems I'm having with my car and get into something more reliable. Dealerships only want to give me about $16,500 at most for my trade in, which seems ridiculously low (they also all use Galves wholesale). Does anyone know the real trade-in price for this car in NJ? I checked Edmunds and it said close to $20k. Anyone know where i can get that kind of price for it through trade-in? I don't want ot sell it privately because of the issues it had in the past and I don't want to deal with the hassles for people knocking on my door afterwards.

Automatic
40,000 miles
CPO warranty (1 1/2 years remaining)
HK stereo
Sports package
Bi-xenon
Dealers can buy all the 2004's they want off lease from BMWFS right now for around $20k, with miles in the 30k's. Maybe you can beat them up for another $500 or $1000 but that's probably it for trade in value on yours.

You might want to try and sell it yourself if you think you can get alot more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts