BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im a lurker who finally joined but i havent logged on in a while. Well anyway im looking for a car, and i found one withen my budget but i need your guys's help. First of all it has side grills :thumbdwn: but they look like they're actually in the panel, so my question is are they stick on grills, or could they be m3 fenders? Also, has anyone seen those mirrors before? by the way its an 01 330i -thanks

by the way its an 01 330i

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
Those grilles are completely bogus, and the mirrors look like they`re from an Acura MDX or something like that....

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
The alignment of the fenders with the rest of the front body panels is all messed up. I would think the car was in an accident and inexpertly repaired (at best, or FUBAR at worst). I would keep looking.

edit: Those aren't real M3 fenders. If they were, the wheel arch would start above the cut line, and the side marker lights would be in the trim strip. And they wouldn't fit without a lot of other work being done (http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php/BMW_E46#How_to_fit_M3_body_parts_on_a_Non-M_Car). Someone just stuck gills on or in regular non-M fenders.

·
ROLL TIDE!
24,034 Posts
One of our members here added grilles to his sedan. It is easily done. Those have been cut into the fender. Based on Bob's comments, I'd look elsewhere for a car.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
From your post on E46Fanatics:

They aren't M3 fenders as the fender flare is still the standard non-M style and fits the factory bumper. The M3 fenders would be an inch or so wider on either side. I am sure you can source a set of replacement fenders from a wrecked car if you want to replace them. I'd also swap out the mirrors, they cheapen the car.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
whats your budget???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.