BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dominican Salsero
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Hi you all. i know that i haven't post anything for a long time but, i was deployed oversea for a while just doing the job i get paid (Air Force) and proud to serve for the best country in the world USA. Anyway i have water leak on my radiator. I can't get the 32mm nut on the fan and clutch to loosen. i know the direction to turn the nut but, is so tight that the belts and everything else turns. i hope that i didn't turn anything that willchange the timing on the car. Can anyone tell me how can you keep the water pump from turning? i read the past post and i can not find anywhere how to do this. if anyone can help plese let me know.:dunno::dunno:

·
The Biggest P0st Whore!!
2,912 Posts
Not quite sure what car we are talking about.
On the 525i there are bolts on the pulley directly behind the fan that you can jam a screwdriver between.
When I replaced my radiator I did not pull the fan. I just hung the shroud over it and pulled the radiator out.

The black tool in the picture below is the factory tool that holds on to the bolts to prevent rotation.
http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/vanos_procedure_files/image004.jpg

Let us know if you need more help.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Usually a sharp rap on the wrench with a hammer will loosen it without using the pulley holder. LEFT HAND threads BTW

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try this

Get an Allen wrench I forget way size.and on the fan there r 3 screws. Undo those and fan itself will come off. I did this and it was cake.

·
Dominican Salsero
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:yikes:I'm sorry about that. i drive a 2001 530i. thank you everyone for your answers.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts