BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I'm new to this site so please be kind. Has anyone had a problem with their fan not cutting off after the car is cut off. I actually had to disconnect the battery. I checked all fuses they were all ok. Ealier in the day the a/c was on but nothing was coming out vents, switched to heat same thing. 5 minutes later vents start blowing cold. Any ideas?

· Registered
2,518 Posts
Hi All. I'm new to this site so please be kind. Has anyone had a problem with their fan not cutting off after the car is cut off. I actually had to disconnect the battery. I checked all fuses they were all ok. Ealier in the day the a/c was on but nothing was coming out vents, switched to heat same thing. 5 minutes later vents start blowing cold. Any ideas?
You meant the fan won't -stop- working ....

I'm not 100% certain but those sound like classic symptoms of final stage unit/resistor (FSU, FSR) failure. It's a $50-70 part, but if you decide to replace it make sure you get genuine BMW or OE as many aftermarket versions fail quickly.

The replacement procedure DIY is around here somewhere. Please search on those terms and you're certain to find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.