Peyton
CJ
Forte
Cooks
J Matthews
Rotating TE of the week
Gostkowski
Sea Chickens

Not crazy about Forte but got him mid second so said what the heck. Key backups are Ivory, Tate, Maclin, Bradford.

Overall, satisfied...will see.

·
Launch Control Ready
1,577 Posts
We want to draft Labor Day Weekend but since we are all over the country now and we try and at least have half of the league get together somewhere face to face, we go the weekend before. I agree that ideally you should wait at least until after the "dress rehearsal"...

·
Displaced Charger Fan
876 Posts
We don't draft u til preseason is over. Why? Jordy Nelson for one.
This. I still do two leagues (been in since 2001 and 2005), with drafts Labor Day night, and Tuesday after. Same leagues, same draft days for a decade. LOL, we're a bit predictable!

Also, live, in-person, drafts FTW. I've tried online stuff, but it's just not the same. Some seasons, the draft nights have been the highlight! :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
This. I still do two leagues (been in since 2001 and 2005), with drafts Labor Day night, and Tuesday after. Same leagues, same draft days for a decade. LOL, we're a bit predictable!

Also, live, in-person, drafts FTW. I've tried online stuff, but it's just not the same. Some seasons, the draft nights have been the highlight! :D

Yep. We do it Labor Day and it's a live draft. 10 of us closest friends $500 *****in, and $5000 pot. I also never draft a QB before 7th round

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Peyton
CJ
Forte
Cooks
J Matthews
Rotating TE of the week
Gostkowski
Sea Chickens

Not crazy about Forte but got him mid second so said what the heck. Key backups are Ivory, Tate, Maclin, Bradford.

Overall, satisfied...will see.

That was my biggest screw up picking Forte over CJ Anderson. I messed up on that one.

·
Displaced Charger Fan
876 Posts
Yep. We do it Labor Day and it's a live draft. 10 of us closest friends $500 *****in, and $5000 pot. I also never draft a QB before 7th round
One league counts 6 points for TD passes, plus yards. 3 to 5 QB go in the first round (PManning, Brees, Rogers for sure). If I don't get a pick to land one of them, then I push it off.

We also do a weird thing where you draft your entire starting lineup before going to wild card - so, if you take RB in round 1 and 2, you have that position covered, and you won't take any more RB until after round 9. Other 9 teams have their QB? Take yours with your round 9 pick, since no one else can draft one until after that point. Puts a different spin on things, and keeps it a little more competitive, since everyone has a top 10 QB, 2 top 20 RB, etc., if the ranking match reality.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One league counts 6 points for TD passes, plus yards. 3 to 5 QB go in the first round (PManning, Brees, Rogers for sure). If I don't get a pick to land one of them, then I push it off.

We also do a weird thing where you draft your entire starting lineup before going to wild card - so, if you take RB in round 1 and 2, you have that position covered, and you won't take any more RB until after round 9. Other 9 teams have their QB? Take yours with your round 9 pick, since no one else can draft one until after that point. Puts a different spin on things, and keeps it a little more competitive, since everyone has a top 10 QB, 2 top 20 RB, etc., if the ranking match reality.

That sounds like a good way to draft.

·
Displaced Charger Fan
876 Posts
So, how's everyone's seasons going?

Both my teams are 2-1. I lucked out with a QB pickup in week 3 as Andy Dalton was available and went big!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Going into Monday night I was down over 50 points, I was dead in the water. Along comes
Aaron Rogers throws 5 TDs along with James Jones and I win by 4 points. Gotta love it!!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts