BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the foammaster and i got a sample dp soap. i was wondering if there are other soaps that will work with the faommaster? i know the CG and DP soaps work but wanted to ask if other members have had better results with other soaps. thanks

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
any liquid soap will work...the better quality car soaps will foam better...but they all work the same in the reservoir...I should add that the adjustment allow you to mix more or less soap and that also regulates the foaming part

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
thanks dboy

i was unsure if all liquid type soap worked with the foam cannon/guns.
You can use about any liquid in that reservoir...I've used mine for spraying fertilizer on my garden...I mixed window cleaner one time to do the house windows...its unlimited.

I just suggest that you get a good car soap...they foam a lot better....the one that I like is Poorboys World, but there are many on the market.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Autogeek has them and other car care suppliers have them too. works pretty good. the only thing that i do not like is that home water supply pressure in my area seems low. i wish i could have a little more pressure to make cover the car with more suds.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Autogeek has them and other car care suppliers have them too. works pretty good. the only thing that i do not like is that home water supply pressure in my area seems low. i wish i could have a little more pressure to make cover the car with more suds.
My general feeling about water pressure is this gun doesn't generate much..no matter what your house pressure is...the only thing that has helped is I brought the largest diameter water hose I could find...at the moment I can't recall the size

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hhmmm. i did not think of using a bigger water hose. i have seen some big water hoses that auto repair stations use. i will look into commercial type suppliers and see if they carry any. i may even try to google it.

i was thinking maybe i could use a pressure washer and connecting them both but i think the foammaster will not handle the pressure. i guess i could try it and find out.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I seldom use my foam gun anymore. But I use CG Maxie Suds, and that stuff makes suds galore!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CG makes a couple of different soaps. the have maxi suds, citrus wash and clear and citrus wash and wax. which one of the three is most recommended?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
CG makes a couple of different soaps. the have maxi suds, citrus wash and clear and citrus wash and wax. which one of the three is most recommended?
I have only used maxie suds, and I like that a lot. Pretty sure the citrus wash is a little stronger soap, something I don't really need. Maxie Suds does a great job cleaning, and produces lots suds. And in a foam gun, it's all the foam you could ever want ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have only used maxie suds, and I like that a lot. Pretty sure the citrus wash is a little stronger soap, something I don't really need. Maxie Suds does a great job cleaning, and produces lots suds. And in a foam gun, it's all the foam you could ever want ;)
I've used maxi suds II with the foam gun and works incredible.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts