BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

When did you get your first ticket on your new car?

• <50 miles

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • <500 miles

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • <5,000 miles

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • <50,000 miles

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • >= 50,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still waiting for my first

Votes: 29 56.9%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So he wasn't actually going that fast but...

My buddy picks up his brand new 330Ci last night... doesn't even get to 50 miles and gets his first speeding ticket!! :tsk:

Hence my idea for this silly poll...

Also: has anyone got a ticket more quickly than my buddy on their new BMW? (Or any car for that matter).

G

·
I thought you wanted to know the fastest speed I was ever written up for...

I have yet to get a speeding ticket in my M3 although, between my wife and I, it's been pulled over 4 times. She got off too.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Got mine within the first week... well under 1000 miles.

My V1 was in the glove compartment. I really felt like a supreme idiot.

At least he only wrote me up for 85 even though he clocked me at 95.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
TD said:
I thought you wanted to know the fastest speed I was ever written up for...
Me too. :dunno: I got nailed about a month ago on my way into work on I-85. I was pulling around a slow line of cars and happened to hit 80 in the process. What I didn't see was the state trooper hiding behind an overpass support column. :( :banghead:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Nothing yet, although if a CHP was on 101 near Crescent City last Sunday morning at 8 AM he could have written me up for 120 (absolutely empty straight road out in the middle of nowhere with no entrances/exits).

G

·

Don't know what's gotten into me...I'm not going to touch it...just point it out to others. :thumbup:
I KNEW someone was going to latch on to that.

I added that at the last second to clarify that she had not received a ticket from her traffic stop either.

But, hey, I know she was happy about it... :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Took delivery on a Wednesday, got my ticket the following Tuesday. 78 in a 65. Bastard, he just didn't think the car was mine.

G

·
Chris330ci said:

Me too. :dunno: I got nailed about a month ago on my way into work on I-85. I was pulling around a slow line of cars and happened to hit 80 in the process. What I didn't see was the state trooper hiding behind an overpass support column. :( :banghead:
Only 80?!

I've been pulled for 110 in a 50 (on the Clara Barton Pkwy). The cop was sitting in the pull-off for one of the locks just before the turn-off for MacArthur Blvd.

Laser. No chance.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
TD said:

Only 80?!

I've been pulled for 110 in a 50 (on the Clara Barton Pkwy). The cop was sitting in the pull-off for one of the locks just before the turn-off for MacArthur Blvd.

Laser. No chance.
If this was inbound, it would be classified as "not smart" under Clyde's SPeeding Theory :D

They are ALWAYS at Lock 7.

G

·

If this was inbound, it would be classified as "not smart" under Clyde's SPeeding Theory :D

They are ALWAYS at Lock 7.
Oh, this was "not smart" under a number of headings:

- I had a Christmas tree (an 8 footer) compeltely IN the car with the trunk closed - stump on the armrest between the front seats - in a '97 Audi A4

- I had encountered an odd backup on the inner-loop of the Beltway on this particular Saturday afternoon and decided to bail off onto the Clara, turn around at MacArthur and head back out and merge back on to the inner-loop at River Road. So I HAD to go fast to make the move worthwhile. (Basically, I wasn't really in a hurry, just playing.)

- I KNOW that the cops sit there.

- The Christmas tree slid into the shifter as I stabbed the brakes when I saw him making the whole pulling-over-thing difficult.

I could go on...

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Plaz said:

I'm surprised there's no "automatically lose your license" thing in the law once you hit triple digits.

:yikes:
AFAIK, there are automatic things like that in a number of states...but they all hinge on the cop writing you up for it. Not all of them will do that all of the time.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think I had about 15 miles on my '90 Eclipse GS Turbo way back when less then two hours after I picked it up at the dealer. I hit a bubble in the clutch line on the way home causing it to temporarily fail with the car in 5th gear causing me to end up running late for work as it worked it's way out On my way from my dorm to work I got nabbed doing 40-45 in a 25 in a well know speed trap alley in Highland Park, NJ. Still don't believe I was going that fast but...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.