Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is staying safe - and is up for the challenge of solving an error code/electrical gremlin. Did a few web searches but still need some more help.

Recently my 2013 X5 i35 (with CA) has been doing some random door locks w/ mirror folds and a couple incidents of not detecting the key unless in the ignition/thinking it's in ignition when in my pocket. My indy shop found fault code A0B8 when checking the diagnostics while the truck was in for the oil filter housing leak. From what I can find - it seems to be the "key reader" aka "ignition slot" and/or "power switch." Tracked it down to part 61-31-6-966-714 - and the ribbon cable part# 61-12-6-950-093.

I have had some coding done and recently had an Idatalink remote start added - which worked flawlessly initially but now shuts off as soon as I open the door - which I'm sure is related to the key not being detected (the installer replaced the initial unit and cables with no change in behavior.)

Anyone have any experience with this fault code and/or replacing this part? Watching some vids of replacing the start/stop button, it looks like it may be straight-forward after removing the trim piece. I know things are rarely simple but - any chance I can replace the part(s) w/o having to mess with the CAS and having to do any programming?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Everyone - Just circling back to see if anyone wanted to venture a guess...

Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts