BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I used my bluedriver to scan my 2011 x5 diesel, and a couple codes popped up. The first is p2457 EGR Cooler "A"; the second is 2E3D "Interface EWD-DDE".

As I understand, the first could be related to a few things up to and including the EGR Cooler being replaced. My coolant thermostat is not reading above 82C, so I think the thermostat is shot, which (again, from my understanding) can lead to various hiccups in the emissions/EGR/DPF areas.

I'm not really sure what to make of 2E3D. Identifix shows it as a nox sensor, but the EWS-DDE has to do with the immobilizer/CAS, doesn't it? Comfort Access has stopped working on my car, so I'm a bit at a loss and hoping that I might be pointed in the correct diagnostic direction.

Thanks!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,894 Posts
Clear the codes...drive...see what comes back. That is assuming there are zero other symptoms

Low battery/low voltage can sometimes cause spurious module comm faults, but see if a clear an re-read doesnt bring up better info. Or nothing :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
X5d Codes

Prior to the clearing, the engine would cut out under acceleration and multiple codes would show up including injector bank 2.
Now after clearing, the following codes show up
2E3D
452A
4BCC
E598
E0DA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts