BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The control center on my 2005 530i slowly died during the last week. Haven't been able to find an aftermarket replacement. Local dealer wants $1512.00 to replace it. Any better suggestions? thanks shooter333

·
Registered
825 Posts
More information. Do you have navigation? Exactly what is idrive doing, not doing? Does radio,cd, Bluetooth, sat radio, etc work? Is CIC screen showing BMW or blank or what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Control center

All it does now is alternate between Black and BMW. At first it wouldn't come on or it would stop or it would just stop and come on the next time I started the car. It got worse as the week went bu. then yesterday had the BMW dealer do a reboot and that didn't help.
I do have Nav. and when it turned on everything worked. Naturally when it doesn't turn on nothing works. Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ok, I had the same problem couple years back. Turns out it was the mother board in the CCC unit. Try these guys http://www.hitechserv.com

They have a section on the website outlining the removal and installation of the CCC unit from the dash. Not a bad job.

If you give them a call, Bejin is the guy to talk with there at hi-tech.

Did have to update the cars software after the unit was repaired to obtain full functionality, to enclude voice commands for phone. Vin number has to be coded in in order to attain full build order of options as the car was delivered from the factory.

Cost for CCC repair was 600-650, Indy software update to latest version using ISTA, $150. Hitech warranties the unit and have had no problems after the repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ccc problem

My ccc was stuck on the bmw logo and i put a used one in and it was working good but nothing worked because it needed to be coded, when my friend coded it the screen rebooted and dont want to work ever since. Any ideas? I need help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts