Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2014 535d check engine recently turned on. Read the codes and got this:

Diesel particulate sensor measuring electrode: Faulty

No issue with car performance. Any one have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
First I've heard of it on the 535d - how many miles on the car? Sounds like a straightforward fix based on the code description.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment, the car har ~75k miles. Do you know where this sensor is or how I might resolve this? I can not find any info on this online?

·
only one screen name
8,456 Posts
Just had this error on a 2014 F15 X5. Beware. First SA said it must be replaced, and the bill was $1500. I said no, since as you see, there's no issue with drivability. I came home, reset the light with an OBD tool. But there were several errors that wouldn't clear.

Eventually went back for the fix, and was told by a different SA that "that shouldn't go bad" (about 50K miles) and got it paid for by BMW. The sensor insures proper exhaust temp to burn off soot.

·
Registered
375 Posts
According to the N57TU technical training doc, there are three sensors on the DPF: temperature, pressure differential, and oxygen. I imagine the most likely of the three to go bad would be oxygen but I am just spitballing. Do you have the ability to read BMW-specific codes to get more detail?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Yes, the codes are as follows:

2BB600 Diesel particulate sensor measuring electrode: Faulty 124877
2BB400 Diesel particulate sensor measuring electrode: Faulty 124877

I am not sure where this sensor is, any direction?

Thanks

·
only one screen name
8,456 Posts
I think they are before the cat, but that's above my pay grade. My impression was the temp sensor is first, and most likely to go bad (clogs). Took the right SA to get the replacement paid for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TIS Service Bulletin - Diesel Particle Sensors

My 2014 328d at 95k is throwing two codes for the diesel particle sensors, 2BB600 and 2BB400.
There is a TIS that addresses this and extends warranty as well.
Covers F02, F10, F15, F25, F30, F31 models.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10160239-9999.pdf
For the eligible vehicles, BMW of North America, LLC (***8220;BMW NA***8221;) is extending the limited warranty for the vehicle***8217;s diesel particulate sensor to: 10 years/120,000 miles as determined by the vehicle***8217;s original in-service date

Just found the info, I'll proceed to contact my dealer and will report back on progress.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the car in last year for an unrelated issue. Found that there was a recall on the sensors, they were replaced by the dealer at no charge:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts