BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, this is my first thread so be gentle.
I've just installed angel eyes on my 318Ci, using the sidelights as a trigger (after not being able to wire them up as DRL's). I have disconnected the wires from the sidelight bulbs so they do not come on when I have the angel eyes on, however, ONE of my parking/corner lights comes on. The parking light on the other side does not come on, but does when indicating. I at first assumed that this was the faulty light and that it should come on. However, since I live in the UK, i'm sure these shouldn't come on, and should only turn on when indicating. Also, I have a check light warning light coming on for the side WITH the parking light that comes on, not the other side, which must mean that the one coming on is faulty, and perhaps should not. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Sorry if this was pooly explained.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Welcome to our new UK friend! Gentle enough?
Love to drive around England and Scotland!
Electrical problems are the least understood systems on a car by most mechanics. It is the weak point for many of them.
That said, and by your own admission, your query is not as clear as it might be. I advise that if you want someone to take the time to get into your dilemma, you should tune up your explanation big time.
Write and then read it back to yourself. If you won't take the time to make it clear, please don't expect enthusiastic participation by others.
And use paragraphs to delineate separate concepts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that was gentle enough, thank you for your response.

My issue is, one of my parking/corner lights (nearside) comes on when my sidelights are switched on.

Initially, I thought this was meant to happen, and it was the parking/light on the other side (offside) that was at fault, since it was not turning on.

However, since I live in England, I believe the parking lights shouldn't be on all the time, which would mean the one that is coming on (nearside), shouldn't be.

Also, there is a warning light coming up on my dashboard indicating a light on that same side (nearside) is faulty. Since all the other lights on that side work fine, it can only be the (still nearside) parking/corner light that is at fault.

I am just confused, as usually lights tend to NOT turn on when faulty, not the other way around.

It (nearside) still funtions as an indicator, as does my other (offside) corner light (the one that doesnt turn on as a parking light), and I have replaced both bulbs, so I am absolutely clueless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts