BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Fave front spoiler for the E39?

3645 27
Hello All,

I want to get a chin spoiler for my '00 540iT. Which spoiler is your favorite? Do you have an aftermarket spoiler on your E39? If so, can you post a picture?

TIA,
Mark
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Bump :eeps:

Comon, people! 50 views but zero opinions? :)

-Mark
The Breyton spoiler is interesting, however, I prefer the look of the M5 front bumper.
This one?


Nice

-Mark
Dustine39540 said:
The Breyton spoiler is interesting, however, I prefer the look of the M5 front bumper.

Attachments

Yep, thats the one. I don't really care for the oem front lip.
It's a 540...so I would do the M-Tech ('03 540 sport) front bumper (similar to the M5 front).
I have the Alpina. It's awesome.

Too dark to take pics now. Will take pics soon though.
I've considered the M bumpers, but have decided to go with a poiler - It will give the car a little more edge while not costing an arm :)

TXE39 said:
It's a 540...so I would do the M-Tech ('03 540 sport) front bumper (similar to the M5 front).
528i said:
I have the Alpina. It's awesome
I checked the Alpina web site, and their spoilers are pretty cool. I'm patiently waiting for a picture of your ride :D

-Mark
It looks much different than that. It doesn't have the pinstripes, it's just body color. With the flared bottom, from the front and from the side it looks it looks very agressive. And it's Alpina, so it flows and looks stock, not tacked on.
markseven said:
I checked the Alpina web site, and their spoilers are pretty cool. I'm patiently waiting for a picture of your ride :D

-Mark
So where's the pic, man?

-Mark
528i said:
It looks much different than that. It doesn't have the pinstripes, it's just body color. With the flared bottom, from the front and from the side it looks it looks very agressive. And it's Alpina, so it flows and looks stock, not tacked on.
Agreed, Alpina spoiler is looking beautiful. I'm a bit biased though :)

I'm at work :p

You could look here for now until I get a pic that features just the spoiler
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96650
markseven said:
So where's the pic, man?

-Mark
Thanks Josh & Alex,

I do like the Alpina - it gives the car a more aggressive stance without shouting "here I am!" What's the cost? How much do think to get it painted to match my car?

-Mark
i'd vote alpina too! IIRC, cost was around 700 for the spoiler (ksk distributing, in burbank ca.) and another couple hundred to paint and install.
mike
Wow, that's more than I thought... for a $500 more, I could get the M-tech kit, right? Anyone know how much it costs to install the M-tech bumpers?

-Mark
mottati said:
i'd vote alpina too! IIRC, cost was around 700 for the spoiler (ksk distributing, in burbank ca.) and another couple hundred to paint and install.
mike
lol, I'd hope so ;)
mottati said:
i'd vote alpina too!
Mark I also wanted the Alpina Spoiler, but when I heard how much I was like WHAT! How much? :yikes:

I thought that BMW sells a retrofit M-Tech Kit for 540's without fogs for about $750 (Not Painted of course)? Let me see if I can find the part #'s or the kit #
markseven said:
Wow, that's more than I thought... for a $500 more, I could get the M-tech kit, right? Anyone know how much it costs to install the M-tech bumpers?

-Mark
Of course! Unique, not posuer-ish, and it actually provides some down force. I owned Josh's 528 previously, and i'll tell you, the front end does feel more planted with the alpina spoiler. Contemporary road tests said it was good for a 50% increase in downforce at the front end!

AS for the install of an M tech bumper, i'd say it's diy-able. Only a couple of torx bolts and a few 8 and 10mm bolts hold it on. You'll likely need some different brake ducts etc to make it work, but it's a simple remove and reinstall, i'd imagine. I've had the front bumper off my M5, it literally takes about 10-15 minutes.
Mike
528i said:
lol, I'd hope so ;)
Heya Mike/All

I don't think I'll use the M brake ducts, so the install should be that much easier, right? I am not mechanically inclined (at all, except for really small stuff), how much do you think to get a body shop to install it?

TIA,
Mark
mottati said:
Of course! Unique, not posuer-ish, and it actually provides some down force. I owned Josh's 528 previously, and i'll tell you, the front end does feel more planted with the alpina spoiler. Contemporary road tests said it was good for a 50% increase in downforce at the front end!

AS for the install of an M tech bumper, i'd say it's diy-able. Only a couple of torx bolts and a few 8 and 10mm bolts hold it on. You'll likely need some different brake ducts etc to make it work, but it's a simple remove and reinstall, i'd imagine. I've had the front bumper off my M5, it literally takes about 10-15 minutes.
Mike
i'm not positive, but i don't think your 540's brake ducts will line up with the openings in the m grill, hence the need for the correct brake ducts.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top