BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Favorite color?

  • Black

    Votes: 45 32.1%
  • Sand

    Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Gray

    Votes: 27 19.3%
  • Tanin

    Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Natural Brown

    Votes: 24 17.1%
  • other

    Votes: 5 3.6%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
I wish they offered a dark gray. I love the light gray, but a slight bit darker (like a light charcoal) would be even better.
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I said black but if it were available in the US I'd say Other (two tone)
Damn you're right, I forgot about that one.

Where can we see the available two-tone colors? I'd really really dig on a charcoal/gray scheme, or maybe even a black/blue (a la S4).
 
G

·
webguy330i said:


Damn you're right, I forgot about that one.

Where can we see the available two-tone colors? I'd really really dig on a charcoal/gray scheme, or maybe even a black/blue (a la S4).
I like the black/blue combo. Personally, I strongly dislike BMW's grey leather as it has a hint of baby blue to it in certain light. And, again IMO, doesn't look good with either wood trim or aluminum.
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TD said:


I like the black/blue combo. Personally, I strongly dislike BMW's grey leather as it has a hint of baby blue to it in certain light. And, again IMO, doesn't look good with either wood trim or aluminum.
Hey! I agree that gray doesn't look good with aluminum, but it looks good with wood and black plastic. The latter being an extremely "business-like" cablin.

The only BMW that I have seen with black/blue was on a LeMans M5. It was NOT at all attractive. It does look good on Z3s....
 
G

·
nate328Ci said:


Hey! I agree that gray doesn't look good with aluminum, but it looks good with wood and black plastic. The latter being an extremely "business-like" cablin.

The only BMW that I have seen with black/blue was on a LeMans M5. It was NOT at all attractive. It does look good on Z3s....
I really like the look of the S4 Avant in the Nogaro blue with the alum mirrors and roof rails and the two-tone blue/black interior. Just a damn fine looking wagon.
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
One of the reasons I like black is that its the most monochromatic aside from the pillar covers and headliner on non-Ms.

All the other colors seem to have lotsa black all over the place with the grey/natbrown/sand scattered about.
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TD said:


I really like the look of the S4 Avant in the Nogaro blue with the alum mirrors and roof rails and the two-tone blue/black interior. Just a damn fine looking wagon.
I think what threw off the look was the Titanium trim, it would have looked better with black plastic...

Yes, Audi wagons look nice (except the All Road :eek: ) I like the chome roof rails....
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
GREY GREEN

EDIT
What an idiot I am ................. read the entire post :confused: :confused: :confused: :(

I change my vote to Sand:thumb:
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
TANIN!TANIN!TANIN!TANIN!TANIN!TANIN!TTANIN!TANIN! :bigpimp:
 

·
Elected by grace
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
18 months ago I would have said black, but Tanin has so much snap to it that it'd be hard to go back to anything else.

The black trim gives it a quasi two-tone appearance, so it's quite distinctive as well.
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IndyMike said:
18 months ago I would have said black, but Tanin has so much snap to it that it'd be hard to go back to anything else.

The black trim gives it a quasi two-tone appearance, so it's quite distinctive as well.
I don't really like Tanin with wood

Ever considered changing it out with Aluminum or Black plastic? :dunno:
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:
:yikes:

See my edit....................brain already on vacation:D
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
TD said:


I really like the look of the S4 Avant in the Nogaro blue with the alum mirrors and roof rails and the two-tone blue/black interior. Just a damn fine looking wagon.
I believe all A6 Avants have the aluminum roofrails too. Drove next to a 2.8Q this morning with them, and don't particularly care for 'em. However, I LOVE the S aluminum mirrors.
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top