Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you return warranty items to FCP using Paypal? So, I don't have to pay to ship the parts back?

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,490 Posts
AFAIK it doesn't work that way--that's the catch in the lifetime-warranty program. You pay return shipping of the defunct part; FCP covers the rest.

Obviously, warranty claims are only worthwhile when the cost of the part(s) exceeds that of return shipping.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
FCP usually suggests to pay for new parts first, then pay return shipping(at owner's expense) to return old parts.

Once old parts are received, FCP will then credit back to CC.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
FCP usually suggests to pay for new parts first, then pay return shipping(at owner's expense) to return old parts.

Once old parts are received, FCP will then credit back to CC.
Looks I was miss guided. Someone told me that if you buy through PayPal, Paypal will refund your return shipping cost. Is FCPEURO worth it then? How much on average does it cost to ship stuff back? Like oil change kits, brakes, filters etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AFAIK it doesn't work that way--that's the catch in the lifetime-warranty program. You pay return shipping of the defunct part; FCP covers the rest.

Obviously, warranty claims are only worthwhile when the cost of the part(s) exceeds that of return shipping.
Is FCP worth it then? How much on average do you pay to return stuff back?

·
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,490 Posts
Is FCP worth it then? How much on average do you pay to return stuff back?
I've yet to have a part purchased through them fail or wear out, so the average cost to date is zero. ;)

I source oil and filters from local suppliers.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've yet to have a part purchased through them fail or wear out, so the average cost to date is zero. ;)

I source oil and filters from local suppliers.
I brought an oil change kit from them. Next oil change I'll see how much it cost to return the old oil back

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
FCPEuro is great when you intend to keep your BMW for many years. If you can start buying from them as soon as you are out of warranty and keep your BMW for those long years it is a great investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FCPEuro is great when you intend to keep your BMW for many years. If you can start buying from them as soon as you are out of warranty and keep your BMW for those long years it is a great investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
I plan on keeping mines until something major doesn't bust like the transmission. So, I think I'll be buying the majority of the parts for my BMW/Mercedes off fcp

·
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,490 Posts
I brought an oil change kit from them. Next oil change I'll see how much it cost to return the old oil back
The density of 5W30 multigrade synthetic oil is roughly 850 kg/m^3, or 0.85 g/ml. Expect to collect roughly six liters, including the filter. That's 6,000 ml * 0.85 g/ml = 5,100 g = 5.1kg ~= 11.25 lb of oil. Let's call it twelve pounds including bottles and packaging. Let's further assume you can find a box no larger than necessary to pack it all. Looking at a one-liter oil bottle, I'd guess that's going to be 12"x12"x10" or thereabouts.

Shipping a 12-pound, 12x12x10" package from Chicago to Milford, CT via UPS Ground will run you about $22.00 (plus the cost of the box). I'll leave it to you to get quotes from the competition. ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The density of 5W30 multigrade synthetic oil is roughly 850 kg/m^3, or 0.85 g/ml. Expect to collect roughly six liters, including the filter. That's 6,000 ml * 0.85 g/ml = 5,100 g = 5.1kg ~= 11.25 lb. Let's call it twelve pounds including bottles and packaging. Let's further assume you can find a box no larger than necessary to pack it all. Looking at a one-liter oil bottle, I'd guess that's going to be 12"x12"x10" or thereabouts.

Shipping a 12-pound, 12x12x10" package from Chicago to Milford, CT via UPS Ground will run you about $22.00 (plus the cost of the box). I'll leave it to you to get quotes from the competition. ;)
I can just reuse the old box. :) Fedex is $20 USPS is $15. Not bad for oil changes every 6 months

·
Registered
491 Posts
OP, PayPal does in fact pay for return shipping if you used them to pay for your order. However, you have to be opted in for free returns first. It will take a little bit of digging since they almost try to hide the opt in page from you.

Up to 12 claims per year and up to $30 per claim.

·
Anti-Hack
E21, E83
4,757 Posts

You’re f’ing kidding me right?

You’d best go to college if you’re trying to return used oil for free new oil. Affording supporting a BMW doesn’t seem to be in your wheelhouse.

If you’re just looking to dispose of old oil, take it to Autozone?

Sent from space

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You***8217;re f***8217;ing kidding me right?

You***8217;d best go to college if you***8217;re trying to return used oil for free new oil. Affording supporting a BMW doesn***8217;t seem to be in your wheelhouse.

If you***8217;re just looking to dispose of old oil, take it to Autozone?

Sent from space
I never said I was trying to return used oil for free. Someone in another forum informed me if you buy stuff off fcpeuro and use Paypal to pay for that specific part, you won't have to pay for return shipping. Paypal would refund the shipping cost back. This isn't my first time changing oil, I know where to recycle oil. I just wanted clarification on this.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I never said I was trying to return used oil for free. Someone in another forum informed me if you buy stuff off fcpeuro and use Paypal to pay for that specific part, you won't have to pay for return shipping. Paypal would refund the shipping cost back. This isn't my first time changing oil, I know where to recycle oil. I just wanted clarification on this.

I don’t know if he understands their return policy. He might and I may misunderstand his reply but yes, FCPEURO takes used oil back if secured properly and will replace for the next oil change. Cost of the next oil change is shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
314 Posts
FCP may take it back, but it's still crazy to start shipping used oil around the country by UPS. Think of the mess if it is not shipped properly.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FCP may take it back, but it's still crazy to start shipping used oil around the country by UPS. Think of the mess if it is not shipped properly.

They do take it back. People just put the old oil back in the old motor oil bottle, out the bottles in plastic wrap and zip tie the top and send it.

·
Anti-Hack
E21, E83
4,757 Posts
I don’t know if he understands their return policy. He might and I may misunderstand his reply but yes, FCPEURO takes used oil back if secured properly and will replace for the next oil change. Cost of the next oil change is shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

I understand their return policy quite well. Shipping back used oil was mentioned above, so that’s what I find ethical fault with.

What I don’t understand is the penny pinching mindset that has anyone taking them up on it, further inflating the prices of everything else they sell in order to make back the cost of oil, or brake pads, or rotors that every cheapskate exchanges.

For their returns, you pay shipping of the used part.

Sent from space

1 - 20 of 51 Posts