BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my S62 motor out of my E39 2001 M5. The engine is in great shape. In the past year, i have changed the valve cover seals, rear main seal, thermostat, water pump, spark plugs, and two CPS sensors. Also, I changed the clutch and flywheel last year and have since put on 8k miles. The clutch used is a ClutchMasters Stage I clutch and OEM dual mass flywheel.

I have all receipts for work done to the engine.

I'm ebmarking on a new project for the E39: motor swap on the car.
Since I'm keeping the car, the deal will NOT include ecu, injection, and ignition harness. Asking for $6k. (Motor only: $5k)

Therefore, I am considering selling my current motor and trannsmission, which has about 79k miles at the moment. Since this is a feeler, those that are interested can test drive my car to get a feel for the motor. PM me for details, I'm located in NYC/NJ area.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Project 2009

I may be interested in the engine. I'm about to start a new project just don't know if i wanna build a e39, i have a 97 that I'm looking at. It has 185k on it so that engine has to go. 400hp would be perfect Just don't know if i wanna build a Yamaha r1 or e39, but i will let u know soon if i need it.:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all pm's replied

dgunnery, both options (e39 or r1) would be fun projects. i'll keep you up to date on the motor...

thanks for the interest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts