BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased this car it came with '92-'96 grille. The car now has the proper '98 style grille installed. I have also purchased a separate set of tail lights that have a high gloss glaze to them for the "blacked out" look. An aftermarket LED interior lighting kit was installed to give a blue tint to the interior lights as well as the license plate. A Depot Angel Eye Kit with xenon HIDs were purchased as well. The '98 grille, blacked out tails, 16 bulb LED interior light kit, and angel eye headlights are all installed on the car right now. I have saved all of the stock parts and would glady give these to the buyer of the car. All stock and aftermarket items are in pristine condition. I hope that clears some things up.

Please read the entire page before contacting me by phone.

Mileage: 86,xxx

Body Style: Sedan

Exterior Color: Silver

Interior Color: Gray

Engine: 3.2L I6

Transmission: MANUAL 5-Speed

Doors: 4

Wheelbase: 106"

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/cKy12a/

Basic Features: Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows (one touch up/down), Power Door Locks, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo, Navigation, Compact Disc, DVD video, MP3/WMA, HK Premium Sound (10 Speakers), Dual Front Air Bags, Dual Side Airbags, ABS (4-Wheel), Traction Control, Leather (M package), Sun Roof (One Touch Open), Premium Wheels, 70% tread remaining on the tires, City 20/Hwy 28, 20/28

Standard Equipment & Upgrades: Fuel Economy EPA Highway (Mpg): 28 And EPA City (Mpg): 20, Key Power Locks Includes Power Windows, Front And Rear Power Windows With Two One-Touch, Four-Wheel ABS, Four Disc Brakes Including Four Ventilated Discs, Front Rotors are drilled, 4 BMW mudflaps (to prevent upkicked dirt/gravel), Driver Front Airbag, Passenger Front Airbag With Occupant Sensors, Front Side Airbag With Occupant Sensors, Body Color Front Spoiler, JVC KD-NX5000 (w/ remote) Stereo Audio System With Am/Fm, Single Disc CD, DVD video playback, and Navigation all in one, Electronic Traction Control Via Engine Management, Tastefully Tinted Glass, Front Alloy Wheels With 17 Inch Rim Diam And 7.5 Inch Rim Width, Rear Alloy Wheels With 17 Inch Rim Diam And 8.5 Inch Rim Width (staggered wheels), Depot Angel Eyes with HID kit installed, Front Fog Lights, Luxury Trim Leather On Doors, External Temperature Digital Display, Tachometer, Performance: Maximum Speed (Mph): 137(with limiter still installed) And Acceleration 0-60 MPH (Secs): 5.7, Driver And Passenger Power Heated Body Color Door Mirrors, Heated Windshield Washer, Rear Window With Defogger, Ten Speaker(S) Harmon Kardon, Water Temperature Gauge, Low Oil Level Warning, Front And Rear Reading Lights, Service Interval Indicator, Leather Seat Upholstery With Additional Vinyl, Adjustable Driver Seat With Height Adjustment, Thigh Support, Four Adjustments And Tilt Adjustment, Sports Passenger Seat With Thigh Support, Fold down rear seats (perfect condition), Leather Covered Steering Wheel With Tilt Adjustment, Vehicle Speed Proportional Power Steering, Sport Alternate Suspension, Bilstein Struts, Passenger Seat Secondary Ventilation Controls, Air Conditioning With Climate Control adjustable for both Driver's side and Passenger, Euro spec stock M3 tail lights with a blackout glaze, Super Bright LED interior cabin light kit installed (16 light kit including license plate lights), Delayed/Fade Courtesy Lights In Footwell, Courtesy LED rechargeable flashlight in glove box, Cargo Area Light, Cargo Capacity: Rear Seat Up; To Lower Window (Cu Ft): 10.3, Tool Kit in trunk with all tools, Emission Control Level Fed, Chevron Premium Unleaded Fuel always used, 16.
4 Gallon Fuel Tank, Partial Digital Dashboard, One Odometer, Oil Pressure Warning Light, Low Fuel Level Warning, Clock, Leather Door Panel Trim, Headlight Control With Auto Off With Ignition, Black Grille, Immobilizer

Also Available: Stock Twin Conventional Lens Halogen Bulb Headlights, JVC compatible Bluetooth kit (speak on your phone through your speakers)(never installed), Original Tail lights and bulbs (removed for current "blacked out" look), Subwoofer not installed, and 6 disc cd changer not installed. I still have all of the paper work for nearly all maintenance done on it since it's purchase in '99, as well as some oil filters.
This car has been well maintained by the past 3 owners (myself included) You can have all of these items for free if purchased by 3/14/09.

I wish I didn't have to sell this car as she has treated me great for the past two years. I have returned this favor by taking care of the car the same way she has taken care of me. Leather has been conditioned every six months for the past two years and washed every week. I intend on continuing the maintenance (it's due for an oil change at 87000 miles) and taking care of her until the day of sale. This car has been garaged for the past year and a half. It has only seen the elements for about 2 months (roommates bought a pop-up trailer stored in the garage). I do not want this car to go to someone that will just run it into the ground. I have put a lot of money and care into this car, so I really want someone that will appreciate this car for what it is and that is a masterpiece. The car is not paid off, so you will be purchasing it from my bank after i sign it over this beautiful car will be yours.

Looking to $16-$14.5k for it

ravennin[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Auction is just about over. Hopefully one of the 20 people watching it will actually bid... Here's a list of some of the recent mods:

- radiator, thermostat
, water pump, coolant level sensor, BMW coolant, Aluminum thermostat housing
- serpentine belts, NGK plugs, full tune up with filters, cabin filter etc
- deflection pulley, A/C belt tensioner
- rear brake pads, rotors and sensor +flushed brake fluid
- muffler hangers + various little things
- full set of Bilstein Sport shocks, shock mounts, reinforcing rear shock plates, outer tie-rod ends
- OEM M3 black floor mats (driver's is a bit worn now)

I also forgot to tell you that I also changed the RTAB's on the car and installed the neoprene spacers (Polyurethane) on the trailing arm to limit travel on the arm. That way the new bushings will last longer.

"http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling&item=180339098244&viewitem="

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dropped price to $11,500
The CAR is CARFAX certified and has had no accidents.

I need to sell this bad boy by the month's end. If someone buys it before then i'll throw in the 5 disc cd changer, bluetooth phone kit, an M3 Euro spec 3 spoke steering wheel, a 16 bulb LED interior lighting kit, an AC Schnitzer roof spoiler (unpainted), The OEM headlights w/ bulbs, The OEM tail lights (unsmoked Stock), and a OEM stock buisness CD player FOR FREE!!!!

Serious buyers only Please. Here is my cellphone number 626-230-6985
-Thomas

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
Dude, GL with the sale. If you get offered $10k for it, I'd take it and run

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I've had 10 and 10.2K offered, but that's not what it's worth. A low mileage car that has been this well maintained is worth well over the 11.5 that i am asking for it. It's just a process of playing the waiting game for the right person. This will be my 3rd car i've sold and every car prior to this one i've made profit off of. I thought these car's held their value, but I was amazed at the depreciation value of it now. I'll be taking a 6K dollar loss if i sell it for 11.5K.. SO every cent counts. I need at least 11K from the sale.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
It's definitely worth a bit more than $10k, since these cars often require $2k of work on day 1. The color combo might be hurting you, but I'm sure on the east coast you could sell it.

You might return the tail lights to stock. I see black lights like that I keep going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the ideas/comments. the car was sold earlier today to the guy i had originally purchased it from. Oh and I got 12K for it. So i didn't have to stoop to 10K and run. haha. Thanks for the comments and I appreciate the interest people expressed throughout the few months of sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts