BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BxBadBoyy88
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some haters lol are telling me I will be screwing up my suspension and shouldn't be done unless I get coilovers and that it will also void my warranty.

I am looking to order the springs and spaces for 08 750I this week and wanted to check in with the pros on bimmerfest first.

Let me know guys.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
He doesnt have the sp, lowering springs do void the suspension warrty, how many miles do you have??

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
That car looks like its sitting too high to be a sports package. Regardless of springs, or coilovers, both will both void the suspension warranty. However, they should not void other portions of the warranty because of this.

As for the spacers, I am not sure if that will void any portion of the warranty. Porsche has optional factory spacers available, but Mercedes roadside assistance will not change your tire if you have a spacer.

Also, I remember reading about some act that passed a a long time ago that states something like aftermarket parts or mods cannot void a cars warranty. I am not sure what the act was called.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If i have the option in my iDrive to switch suspension from comfort and sport does that mean that i have the sport suspension?

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
when your car looks awesome off the lot its a sport, see below

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmm i have 3 spoke steering wheel and chrome trim :dunno:

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
Hmm i have 3 spoke steering wheel and chrome trim :dunno:
Chances are u have a sport is ur wood dark gloss, and ur pillars black gloss and the black housing of the outside mirrors gloss black as well? If so u have the sport...Also ofcourse your car would be lowered as well. I also have the chrome trim, I ordered all the parts from the dealership last week so soon as it comes in im bringing it back to shadowline as it once was...Also if ur uncertain call the dealer give them the last 7 of ur vin# they will confirm if its a sport:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.