BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ack said:
Not bad, not bad at all!

I screwed up my install. My right headlight assembly has a gap at the bottom; I can fit my entire index finger under it. All of the screws lined up, so I'm a bit confused. Any pointers with getting them back in properly? I want to remove this assembly and reinstall it.
Pete,

It sounds like you mis-aligned one of the clips for the light housing. I did the same thing and had to take it apart and put it back together.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Ack, I did the same thing alos, it is just the bottom eyebrow or the whole light missing a clip is all. if you have driven it alot since, you probably got 1 inch of dead bugs in there :yikes:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
dredmo said:
Ack, I did the same thing alos, it is just the bottom eyebrow or the whole light missing a clip is all. if you have driven it alot since, you probably got 1 inch of dead bugs in there :yikes:
The light must be missing a clip. I can notice that the top of the headlight (where the rubber seal is) is not visible at all. On the other headlight, it is, so it is definitely the headlight. :banghead: I will have to try to fix it today after work. I already made an appointment to get an oil change on Friday, they can always realign the headlight then if I can't get it done right. I also broke a clip on the eyebrow ($26 + painting) on the drivers side.

I hope there aren't too many bugs in there. :yikes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts