BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
what does this button do?
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This fiberglass bumper was on my e36 project car when I bought it. Obviously, it has seen better days. With the low cost of poly bumpers these days ($150 shipped) is it even worth it try and have this bumper repaired?

Anybody w/ some body shop experience care to comments on cost? I have to imagine it would cost me at least $150 to repair ... if it's even possible. It has two multi-direction cracks in each corner, and a small single direction crack on the top middle. What should I do with this?

Thanks,

·
Sucker for the 3 Series
302 Posts
depends if you want a project to do or not. i mean, you could have some fun over a few weeks then flog it on fleabay?

·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it seems like it would be a shame to just toss it. it was probably expensive at one point.

i have 0 experience with fiberglass so it's not a DIY.

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
In all seriousness, i would likely scrap it, buy a new one, get it sprayed, and install. Will be far less a headache than trying to salvage what you have there. Best of luck.

·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if anybody in tri-state wants it, i'll trade for a hood/trunk roundel.

also have damaged hood beyond my means to repair.

·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went into the dumpster today. got some more room to move in the garage now. next i need to figure out how to dump the hood.

·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
new CF hood showed up which encourage me to dump the old hood... operation "ditch old hood" to commence later tonight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts