BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Fieldcrest-Cannon 100% cotton towels

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  low 
#1 ·
#2 ·
there was a 40% off sale at mervyns last weekend. "hand towel" size ended up costing $5.99 each. these are the top of the line that mervyns carries, supposedly the same as the top of the line at macy's (it's like the matress business I guess).

#5 ·
in_d_haus said:
Make sure to do the flame test on the stitching. Many 100% cotton towels have synthetic stitching which can scratch your paint.
Good idea. The good thing about these towels is that they are big enough where you can fold them and just the middle of the towel is being used. I don't trust the border. These are the brand that Sal Zaino himself recommends!!

#10 · (Edited)
As you know, the Sythetic Chamois and CWB is what I use for drying,the cotton towels are too little.

I use Pep boys Chenille wash mitts, they are $3 and after about 12 uses, I rotate them. The new one does the finish above the bumpers,rockers, the slightly used one (12 washes or more) does the bumpers and rockers (more dirt down here) and the oldest one does the wheels. This, along with the 2-bucket wash method, assures no dirt is trapped with the deep pile of Chenille. Cheap insurance.

No, I haven't tried their cotton one.

#12 ·
Re: Re: Fieldcrest-Cannon 100% cotton towels

low said:

has anyone ever purchased from this site? is it any good?? comments???
I did. 2 different times. I bought 4 of the bath towels the first time. Used them once. My wife, being the sweetheart that she is, saw they were dirty and washed them for me. Only problem is she used bleach and fabric softner. So I ordered four more. They are definitely the same towels that are sold in Macy's at a much higher price.

#13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Fieldcrest-Cannon 100% cotton towels

Big Al 330i said:

I did. 2 different times. I bought 4 of the bath towels the first time. Used them once. My wife, being the sweetheart that she is, saw they were dirty and washed them for me. Only problem is she used bleach and fabric softner. So I ordered four more. They are definitely the same towels that are sold in Macy's at a much higher price.
nice! i just placed an order....:bigpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.