for him to know which brand of tires, Michelin
Pilot Sports or Conti's, will come on an ordered
330Ci with the 17" or 18" wheels...
I've noticed that some pics I've seen here show
the Michelin Pilots, but my local dealer only has
Conti's on their E46's and they have no 330Ci's
to look at... Can anyone shed some light on which
tire comes on the 17" wheel and which tires comes
on the 18"-er..? Is there a way to get what I want, which would be the Michelin Pilot on the 18's...?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
I think they refer to that as the Tire Lottery:dunno:

I ended up with Goodyears:confused:

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
dredmo said:
i got contis on my 330 ci with 17s, maybe it has to do with where it is manufactured?:dunno:
No, there's no correlation; besides, all the coupes and convertibles are built in Regensburg. The tires on your car depend on which Just In Time shipment arrived at the factory when your car was being built, and there's no way to predict or change the tire fitment (many have tried), short of prevailing upon the dealer to swap your wheels with those from a different car on the lot at the time of delivery (GFL on this one, though there may be some circumstances where you can actually get them to do it).

From what people have posted, ISTM that Continentals are more common on SP models with 17" wheels than any of the other options, but I don't know if this is actually true.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
fkafka said:

Perhaps it is random, but everybody I know with an xi got the Goodyears. What's up with that?
I believe they started using them with the 02 builds:dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.