BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I've got 476 miles on the trip odo. It's not like I did one long roadtrip, that's a week of commuting. Still 40 mi til empty, that's some pretty decent fuel economy.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
LA525iT said:
...and I've got 476 miles on the trip odo. It's not like I did one long roadtrip, that's a week of commuting. Still 40 mi til empty, that's some pretty decent fuel economy.
I'll say, I get about 23 in mixed, but you're getting something like in the high 30's. How are you managing that - highway commute?

Ed

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
LA525iT said:
It's wacky - Palanterion just told me that his range read -- --, and I just about ran my car out of gas today as well :tsk: I filled up 18.6 gallons for $63 :yikes:

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EdCT said:
I'll say, I get about 23 in mixed, but you're getting something like in the high 30's. How are you managing that - highway commute?

Ed
By my calculation, I think I'm just a bit under 30mpg. Not bad for a slow fat station wagon. It's all highway commute, have been taking a non-trafficked route (and coming in at 6am, leaving at 10pm)

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Dad just borrowed my car to go to Texarkana from Dallas, and got about 405 miles in the 540. That's pretty good considering all that's available here is 10% Ethanol fuel.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
LA525iT said:
By my calculation, I think I'm just a bit under 30mpg. Not bad for a slow fat station wagon. It's all highway commute, have been taking a non-trafficked route (and coming in at 6am, leaving at 10pm)
Oh, I forgot, you've got the wagon too - I was thinking it was the new zed.

Ed

·
prehistoric bony fish
385 Posts
LA525iT said:
And I thought the solution to traffic problems was mass transit and more highways...I hope your Nobel prize is in the mail for coming up with the solution to the LA traffic problem :D

The easy commute is the one thing that I look forward to on those long work days.

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EdCT said:
Oh, I forgot, you've got the wagon too - I was thinking it was the new zed.

Ed
It's kind of pointless to drive the Z4 to work given that (1) the E39 is way more comfortable to sit in and ride in (2) the E39 has Sirius and (3) although it's 70 where I live, it's 105 where I work and I'd rather not be sitting in a black convertible. PLus, my wife thinks the E39 is too big to drive and park around the Westside of LA (she's right), so she'd rather have the Z4.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I just filled up tonight, 280 miles per tank :bawling: and it took 15.750 to fill and cost was

$64.00 :jawdrop: which made me want to : puke: all over the clerk trying to process my card... which didn't work, after 10 minutes of the clerk cussing and just short of yelling at the card she put it on the "store credit" :dunno: :mad:

Please Lord make the head honchos in the fuel industry have a guilty heart and lower the GAS PRICES!!!!!! :angel:

·
Wrenchin'
2,051 Posts
Sadly my MPG has gone down :( from 21.8 to 20.4 per my OBC and I get about 375-390 miles out of a FULL tank compared to what I USED to get 400-410 :bawling: Why can't there be peace in the middle east?

Looks like I'll be taking the honda and sweating buckets to save on gas money :confused:

·
I want an E46!
469 Posts
ketchup said:
Sadly my MPG has gone down :( from 21.8 to 20.4 per my OBC and I get about 375-390 miles out of a FULL tank compared to what I USED to get 400-410 :bawling: Why can't there be peace in the middle east?

Looks like I'll be taking the honda and sweating buckets to save on gas money :confused:
Ketchup, driving the I-5 in traffic much? At least your not paying uber-premium prices for gas... Del Mar/Carmel Valley: 3.25 Regular 3.47 Preim.

Oh yea, like Banana Republic much? PM me.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
mgianetto said:
I just filled up tonight, 280 miles per tank and it took 15.750 to fill and cost was $64.00 which made me want to : puke: all over the clerk trying to process my card...
Damn, that is cheap. My last fill up cost me $118.00 USD ... for 65 liters (17 gallons).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts