BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
539 South!
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a film on the outside of the windshield? I had a bird the size of a B-1 drop a large splat of you-know-what on the top corner of my parked in the sun, freshly washed car. I took a wet towel to it and left fine scratches on the glass. Also when you wet the windshield a "square" section of what I cleaned is more transparent than the rest of the windshield. My girl has been violated - what did I do??

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anyone know if there is a film on the outside of the windshield? I had a bird the size of a B-1 drop a large splat of you-know-what on the top corner of my parked in the sun, freshly washed car. I took a wet towel to it and left fine scratches on the glass. Also when you wet the windshield a "square" section of what I cleaned is more transparent than the rest of the windshield. My girl has been violated - what did I do??
Their's no film; sound likes you just need to grab some windex and newspaper; and give all your glass a good cleaning. Newspaper doesn't streak at all on the glass is why you use it to clean glass, or you can use a really good lint free rag; but I've had streaking issues with some.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
224 Posts
It does stain and scratch very easily -- i use a light polishing compound to remove scratches from things like window scrapers-works great when normal windex / cleaning won't work......

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
You need to be very careful with bird droppings. They are usually very acidic and can contain sand/grit so clean them off ASAP. The droppings can etch paint, plastic trim and even glass especially if left baking in the sun.

My favorite way to get rid of droppings is place a terrycloth or microfibre cloth soaked in hot water on top of the droppings. Let it sit for 5 minutes to soften things up then carefully wipe away the poop being careful not to rub the grit into the paint.

+1 on the newspaper for cleaning glass. Hard to believe but it works wonders. The ink acts as polish and newsprint won't leave behind lint - just ignore the strange stares you'll get from the neighbors. :)

After cleaning if you've found that the glass surface is still slightly scratched you can probably buff them out with something like Sonus Glass & Chrome Polish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.