BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 Series G30 revealed

BMW is preparing the debut for the 5 Series as production at BMW's Dingolfing plant ramps up. We have spotted final test mule pre-production car of the new 5 series wearing less camouflage than ever before.

G30 Next Generation 5 Series front fender complete free of camouflage

The camo is just hiding the front bumper, the shape of the last side window and the air outlets at the bottom of the front fenders. But if you look closely at the bottom of the front fenders you can still see them under the camouflage. This is the last stage of camouflage before the official reveal and much of the final car is clearly visible.

5 Series G30 revealed

Early rumours suggest a public reveal next month at the Paris Motor Show, however with most of BMW's board skipping the show that seems unlikely. The next opportunity will be the LA Auto Show and Detroit after that. Regardless of which auto show the public debut is at, I expect we'll have an official press release in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Wow, it's an LCI of the F10 LCI.

·
cor door sedan
1,161 Posts
I like the G30 nose more than the F10 nose. It looks slightly less bulky.

·
Registered
647 Posts
No not boring at all.
The nose is somewhat less present than that of the F10.
Whether the headlights points make up for that....
I do not see it right away.

But on all other quarters this car is a more refind and very good looking successor of the former five. ;)
You mentioned in another post that you saw this car in person right? Then I will wait till they reveal the whole car and then re-judge. I just dont like the rear end though. Too boxy and simple. Maybe I am wrong. Heck I expect the interior to be like the new 7.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You mentioned in another post that you saw this car in person right? Then I will wait till they reveal the whole car and then re-judge. I just dont like the rear end though. Too boxy and simple. Maybe I am wrong. Heck I expect the interior to be like the new 7.
There is a new design line all along the car right to the end.
While rather inconspicious, it ads a refinement to the car, also the back is more developed than that of the F10. I never saw them side to side but think I prefer the F10 hood.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Another huge 5-Series, most likely using electronic EVERYTHING. For some reason, BMW took the idea from Cadillac to have touch buttons for interior controls. Although owners and reviewers HATED it because it never worked. I see this 5-Series as bland and boring. Look at it, its huge. Its another 7-Series with a somewhat smaller body on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another huge 5-Series, most likely using electronic EVERYTHING. For some reason, BMW took the idea from Cadillac to have touch buttons for interior controls. Although owners and reviewers HATED it because it never worked. I see this 5-Series as bland and boring. Look at it, its huge. Its another 7-Series with a somewhat smaller body on it.
The F30 is just as bloated when compared to the E46. The F30 is higher and wider and just 6" shorter than the E39. Make the F30 6" longer, ditch the electric steering, put the F10 interior in it and we'll all stand in line for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.