2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Sharp 10.4" LCD monitor to mount in my trunk
for shows. The TV will be removed and put in my room in
between shows.

To mount the TV, I bought a Peerless under-cabinet mounting
kit. The kit is nice because it allows for 180 degrees of horizontal
rotation. The kit only took me about 25 minutes to install, with
the help of my friend. It fit perfectly in the trunk.

Here are the pics. Sorry for the quality, it was getting dark and I
didn't want to use a flash. Let me know what you think . . .

Closeup

Screen Rotated 45 Degrees

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
:yikes:

When are you taking it to your first show:dunno:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PM 325xiT said:
:yikes:

When are you taking it to your first show:dunno:
I took it last month to High Society '02 at the Toronto Congress Centre and won Best I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment). It was a relatively small show though with about 80 cars. My first big show is "The Last Episode", again held at the Toronto Congress Centre, but this time its over two days (August 31 - Sept. 1). There will be 500 cars and $50,000 in cash and prizes. I'm hoping I can win something.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Ack said:

I took it last month to High Society '02 at the Toronto Congress Centre and won Best I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment). It was a relatively small show though with about 80 cars. My first big show is "The Last Episode", again held at the Toronto Congress Centre, but this time its over two days (August 31 - Sept. 1). There will be 500 cars and $50,000 in cash and prizes. I'm hoping I can win something.
$50k CDN... that's like $195 US... barely gas money! :lmao: Wait a second... why am I laughing? :cry:

Where do you find out about these Toronto shows??

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mystikal said:

Word of mouf. :D

BTW Ack, Darknights in July was pretty damn good. The show was HUGE, with plenty of eye candy of every type. There was even a nice Emcee battle. :thumbup:
Ah man, I wish I knew about this. Are you hitting Bimmer Cruize this Sunday. Hopefully you don't have to worry about any school work.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Ack said:

Ah man, I wish I knew about this. Are you hitting Bimmer Cruize this Sunday. Hopefully you don't have to worry about any school work.
Liar! I told you about the show back in June when you were talking about the High Society show. :tsk:

And nope, I'm not reaching Bimmer Cruize. I could have, but I'm not much into that crew and what they do to their cars. Pretty damn far away from me I think, too. Also, since I have no intention of going, I'm working from 1-10:30 on Sunday. :eek:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mystikal said:

Liar! I told you about the show back in June when you were talking about the High Society show. :tsk:

And nope, I'm not reaching Bimmer Cruize. I could have, but I'm not much into that crew and what they do to their cars. Pretty damn far away from me I think, too. Also, since I have no intention of going, I'm working from 1-10:30 on Sunday. :eek:
What I ment to say was, ah man, I wish I remembered about this show. . .:banghead: My age is starting to affect the ol' noggin.

What do these guys do to their cars?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Ack said:

What I ment to say was, ah man, I wish I remembered about this show. . .:banghead: My age is starting to affect the ol' noggin.

What do these guys do to their cars?
LOL, old man.

There's just a lot of exterior mods and such, things like gold-plated grills, Z3 fenders, et al. I can stand quite a bit, but when it's done to Bimmers it really gets to me. Like for example the Darknights show. I actually enjoyed looking at all of the show cars as long as I kept reminding myself: this is what they are made for. To impress the crowd. Some things may be ridiculous for the street, but in a show it is a whole other world. Regardless though, BMW's with excessive aero mods bother me. I think this show will have quite a few of them. That, combined with the fact that the rest of my friends are too young to own BMW's and I don't know anyone else at the show is stopping me. Most people going already know each other.

Weak excuses yes, but I'm just not feeling this show. :dunno:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChrisTO said:
so Ack...you bringing that screen up to the show as well?
Most definitely!! :D I planned to have everything completely done by the First Episode. There are still a few things I need to do to clean up this last install. This will be completed next week. So the monitor will be in but it won't look as good as it will in two weeks. I'll tell you all about it this Sunday. Hopefully I won't bore you. :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ack said:

good luck at the show:thumbup: I'm sure you will place some where:)

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Ack, that really looks awesome. I dont think I have seen a trunk as nice, I remember your last update.

On, a serious note, is the tv in the back actually functional? Or is it there just for looks. I see that it works, but at what point during normal lifestyle would you use it?

But, when it looks that awesome, who cares :D

Nice work ack:thumbup:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dredmo said:
Ack, that really looks awesome. I dont think I have seen a trunk as nice, I remember your last update.

On, a serious note, is the tv in the back actually functional? Or is it there just for looks. I see that it works, but at what point during normal lifestyle would you use it?

But, when it looks that awesome, who cares :D

Nice work ack:thumbup:
Thanks Dredmo! The TV is functional to the point that I can run any DVD or PS2 signal thru it. After shows, the TV will find a nice place on my dresser in my room. The TV has a very sharp picture (esp. DVD) and the screen size is nice to have on a desk or near a bed. The TV was $697 shipped. I figured for what I would have spent on another in-dash TV ($800-$1000), which would be a max of 7", this was a steal with 10.4" and it can be taken out and actually used somewhere else.

This is pretty much it. My car is done. Only some minor cosmetic issues that need to be done to the trunk. By the end of the month, the car will be show ready.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Ack said:

Thanks Dredmo! The TV is functional to the point that I can run any DVD or PS2 signal thru it. After shows, the TV will find a nice place on my dresser in my room. The TV has a very sharp picture (esp. DVD) and the screen size is nice to have on a desk or near a bed. The TV was $697 shipped. I figured for what I would have spent on another in-dash TV ($800-$1000), which would be a max of 7", this was a steal with 10.4" and it can be taken out and actually used somewhere else.

This is pretty much it. My car is done. Only some minor cosmetic issues that need to be done to the trunk. By the end of the month, the car will be show ready.
gotcha thats actually a great plan. good luck in the comps.:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts