BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

While searching for a Final Stage unit for my E36 M3, I came across a Chinese company offering these for $16, has anyone ever dealt with the company, or does it seem like a scam.

The company is called:
http://www.hchcar.com/
Ruian Hongchuang Car Fittings Co.,Ltd.
1#Kangda Road,Hongqi Industrial District,Ruian,Zhejiang,China
TEL:86-577-65061190 FAX:86-577-65061360

and I found this place from some site called www.hisupplier.com. They also do Air Flow meters.

Thanks in Advance
Alex

·
Somebody stop me....
3,696 Posts
blower motor resistor is what a search gave me

This sounds like you want to promote a company more than you need info on the product...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not promoting anything, just asking if anyone has heard of this company before or used them for parts.

And if anyone can suggest any other places to obtain this part from other than eBay, Pelican Parts or the local Stealer.

·
Somebody stop me....
3,696 Posts
Check the vendor sticky for some good places.

but most of us here will recommend pelican

·
I like pie.
3,747 Posts
It says that it's for E39 an E46, might want to make sure it'll fit. I got one off ebay for $40, and I figure they can't be that much lower qulity than ebay stuff, and for $16 you can't really go wrong.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
Chinese FSU for $16? Sounds like trouble. I got my OEM unit from Pelican for $50, which is a great deal. I don't know if they're offering it at that price anymore, however.

·
Registered
94 Posts
$16 and possibly have your car burn up from catastrophic failure or save up your money and get a quality one from Pelican.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
We have a LOT of experience with the FSU (aka FSR) in the E39 and NOBODY recommends anything but Sitronic OEM from any of the sponsors or elsewhere.

Details are in the VERY best of E39 Links, for example:
- FAN CONTROL GOES HAYWIRE: poorly ventilated final stage resistor/final stage unit (FSR/FSU) modules that are practically sure to go haywire due to poor heat-sink design (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... Autopsy (1) (2) often causing the battery to drain overnight (1) (2) (3) & how to isolate and replace the blower motor (1) (2) (3)

Look at the AUTOPSY threads, for example ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts