Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dealer today and was asking about a fuel system cleaning. He said a recall just went on the books that would ncludes my car. He said not to do anything now with the fuel injectors because within 45 days he thinks they will be replacing all the fuel injectors, a fuel line, and I think he said either a fuel separator or fuel filter. This is good news since i see a lot of issues with fuel injectors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
what year is your car and hom many miles u have. will they replace all the injectors. I have a 2011 750i, need to get my injectors changed

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
At the dealer today and was asking about a fuel system cleaning. He said a recall just went on the books that would ncludes my car. He said not to do anything now with the fuel injectors because within 45 days he thinks they will be replacing all the fuel injectors, a fuel line, and I think he said either a fuel separator or fuel filter. This is good news since i see a lot of issues with fuel injectors.
what year is your car and hom many miles u have. will they replace all the injectors. I have a 2011 750i, need to get my injectors changed
Yes, details please?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010 92k. He said it would take a little time for this to come down the line but it has been approved and should be soon. He said they already did the 3 and 5 series.

·
Registered
175 Posts
2010 92k. He said it would take a little time for this to come down the line but it has been approved and should be soon. He said they already did the 3 and 5 series.
Just saying I've been researching other board areas and I haven't seen anyone mention this recall with a 3 or 5. I did see a service bulletin, but it also covered 750i. But I hope you are right for all those outside of warrantee. But that would also mean they have a better confidence in what's wrong and more importantly how to fix it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't shoot the messenger. I am only passing along what I was told. Obviously I don't have anything to gain either way. Take it for what it's worth. Talk to your local BMW contact. I'm just telling you what I was told. I hope it's true as well.

·
Crazy Wheels
674 Posts
How about if we organize this a little. I suggest posting year, model and mileage and response from your BMW dealer and info such as dealership name and location. All this collective information will help anyone who gets any BS from their dealer.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I had mine done under warranty before I sold my 7. I'm hoping this is true. No 7 owner should pay out of pocket for this repair since it is obviously a defect.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Nice. Hope this saves some of you guys from the cost of replacing your injectors. The life on these things just isn't what it should be. Any idea who actually manufacturers these things? Bosch?

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
Well this is certainly good news for those affected down the road. But it's a foking farce that it has taken this long to even acknowledge!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I had a very rough idle in my '09 750, and they found 2 bad injectors. The SA ran the other 6 serial numbers and saw they were from the same batch, so he replaced all 8 (under warranty). I haven't had my '14 in for service in a while, but I'll be asking about these.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
Here's a question for those of you like me who have already had their injectors replaced:
(I also had my plugs replaced as well)

1. Do you monitor your car using a OBDII?

2. If so, have you STILL noticed Misfires?

The reason I asked is that although my car definitely was repaired from the 'rough idling' and dreaded "Drivetrain Malfunction", I still notice 'multiple misfires' being read. Although the throttle response, idling, etc are all fine.

So just trying to determine if "misfires" are "normal"?

·
Crazy Wheels
674 Posts
Here's a question for those of you like me who have already had their injectors replaced:
(I also had my plugs replaced as well)

1. Do you monitor your car using a OBDII?

2. If so, have you STILL noticed Misfires?

The reason I asked is that although my car definitely was repaired from the 'rough idling' and dreaded "Drivetrain Malfunction", I still notice 'multiple misfires' being read. Although the throttle response, idling, etc are all fine.

So just trying to determine if "misfires" are "normal"?
The misfires are definitely not normal. TXSTYLE, is your check engine light on? My SA told me that the engine's electronics and sensors in partucular are very sensitive and even the slightest abnormality will cause the check engine light on.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
The misfires are definitely not normal. TXSTYLE, is your check engine light on? My SA told me that the engine's electronics and sensors in partucular are very sensitive and even the slightest abnormality will cause the check engine light on.
I definitely do NOT have any check engine light.

But I always wonder how many of your even monitor this? It was recommended that I begin monitoring mine by a 20yr indy bmw tech/shop.
Guess I'll be setting up a service appt.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I don't find that to be true. I've had noticeable engine issues on my 13 for months before the light finally came on - didn't even turn off after a stall out. When the light did finally come on it was out of nowhere.

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
I definitely do NOT have any check engine light.

But I always wonder how many of your even monitor this? It was recommended that I begin monitoring mine by a 20yr indy bmw tech/shop.
Guess I'll be setting up a service appt.
I would wait Marcus...why pay any more into this issue if BMW is going to handle any future issues? Assuming there is a recall. I would like to know what years this affects.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,038 Posts
I would wait Marcus...why pay any more into this issue if BMW is going to handle any future issues? Assuming there is a recall. I would like to know what years this affects.
I wasn't gonna fork over any $$$. I simply was gonna chalk it up to warranty tied into the injectors that they replaced less than 90 days ago. BMW coveted half. But I am pissed that NOW there is talk of a recall when this bullshyt has been a issue for years!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just recently had 4 injectors replaced (no idea why they didn't do all 8) and have been in conversation with BMWNA on several issues that continue to recur on my 12 750. At no time did the dealership or the corporate office mention anything about a recall. I hope there is one but I'll believe it when I see it.

1 - 20 of 533 Posts